More Good News and well the usual as well!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had my 2nd Outpatient PT today. Took 1 pill before going ( really glad I did !!! ) Not on a bike yet but on machine where you sit push your legs forward and back for 5 minutes not too bad. Did some stretching Therapist checked my ROM 131Degrees on my own no straining last week 125. All that is great however still have my share of pain but now down to 2 pain pills a day. I think my biggest problem my quads are just super weak. When I walk I have to be careful otherwise L knee will just decide to give out which causes me to stumble. Trying to do a straight leg raise so far is a joke as well as putting a bolster under the knee tighten my quad and try and lift my foot off the mat not even close to getting it off the mat my quad tightens but that is it. Overall not bad best part of therapy got to use the Game Ready ice cold with compression Love It!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It’s nice to hear good news. My theraist suggested I try walking sticks to stabilize me and the work for me. I have been walking this week and today I did one mile with the sticks! I had my first TKR in December 2017. Had my other done June 19th slow but sure!
  • Posted

NWF477, I was wondering how you were doing.   I am glad that things are progressing for you after all that you have been through!

• Posted

What ”pills” are you taking? Bangkok-Johnnie TKR Right Kner 2014 edition. Now, waiting for a new implant, since the old was infected and had been taken out. 
    • Posted

Dilaudid 4mg or Hydromorphone 4mg every 4-6 hours same thing
  • Posted

So glad to hear of your progress, best wishes for continued healing!
  • Posted

Pain wise its better but its still not great. After therapy my day is shot. On the positive side 2 pills a day is much better than 6. Have to admit some progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.