More information on Venlafaxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Still on 16mg per day. Cut down to every other day! Have ended up seeing my GP after really bad head shocks, intense anger and even suicidal feelings! Thankfully I have a good Dr and he has referred me asap to our local mental health team. So it's still on 16mg per day or a 37.5mg per day to prevent these terrible withdrawal side effects. I don't feel a failure having to increase again but realise I need help getting off this nasty medication!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm coming off this at 75mg a week, I was on 375mg and now on 150mg. I am also taking mirtazapine going from 15mg to 30mg last Friday. I'm getting said and tiredness but it's bearable. I've booked some time off work for when I stop the 75mg

• Posted

Hi Shirley, I understand you. I am day 3 off Venlafaxine and I’m determined to stay off. I had the same symptoms you describe, although I’m currently just headachey at the moment. If I can offer any support or advice please just get in touch. And if I’m able to offer you one piece of advice, ....go,at your own pace. I have tried 5times to come off this at the Gps insistence and each time I failed because for me it was too quick. Take your time and don’t rush it. Do you take Omega oil? A lot of people here recommended them to me and they have definitely helped. You can do this!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.