more investigations!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed in 2015 and have several bad bouts since then , this year have had 4 lots of antibiotics, thankfully no hospital stays though. My GP has referred me back to Consultant and on my visit (different one again) his first response was what are you here for we have done all the investigations and found nothing nasty! He then went on to say GP was probably wrong in giving antibiotics and it was probably only my IBS kicking off, this was without asking what my symtoms had been. I did apologise for coming then as felt awful and just said i suppose I just have to live with it and as long as nothing nasty will accept it. However after chatting further he has decided he wants to do another colonoscopy to check everything.   (already had 2 and a sigonoscopy) I hate having this DD, It cause me pain, bloating, sickness tiredness through broken sleep pattern , constant diarrhea with sudden visits to the loo at inconvenient times which is very embarrassing, I could go on but think I will stop there. Sorry for the rant just having a bad day .I will update after more investigations . Regards and Merry Christmas to all xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's what happened to me when I saw my consultant they don't seam to care   They now are looking at colitis and celiac I was told after my flexible sigmoidoscopy that I didn't have DD just IBS yet I saw multiple diverticula on the screen when I had my colonoscopy. I have a appointment in January at the hospital so I will see what they say. I hope you have a good Christmas 

• Posted

Sorry to hear what your going thru. I just had a DI Flare up 15

Days ago. My first one happen

In 2010 it was a GI Bleed and I almost didn't make it, had to have

Emergency surgery.

I wanted to comment on the insensitive remark from your doctor. It is a shame that he spoke to that way. My action regarding his comment would be to get

Another doctor who is concerned

About my health. * it's obvious that he is used to saying insensitive comments to his patients. *people treat you the

Way you allow them to treat you.

Your insurance including your co-pay. Is making his bank roll bigger

And if he can't treat you or make

Comments to you giving you dignity and respect if he were my

Doctor he would be kicked to the

Curve. I once had a cardiologist

Who told my husband after I was

Having issues after my second open heart surgery." She still here!

She should have been dead a long time ago. I didn't hear it because I

Was still out. My husband's response to him, It is not your call

To decide if she is still living.

Once I recovered and left the

Hospital, before I had my follow

Up visit I kicked him to the

Curb And got another doctor.

Happy that he did not do my

Open heart surgery.

Perhaps he should experience a

DI fare up then he could see what

Your going thu.

Hoping that you have a speedy recovery. I will have surgery to

Have a portion of my colon removed mid January. I have colon

Cancer.

Something to think about never

Allow anyone to rob you of your

Dignity, Respect, or Joy.

• Posted

If you live in the U.K. It's very difficult to change consultants   When I was told there is no need to come here you only had DD I was shocked and didn't say anything but now I am seeing a different consultant I won't allow him to speak to me like that. I was also told to be great full it's only DD   My GP asked me the other day how I know so much about DD I told him it was from this forum I said I don't know we're I would be without the care and help from people on here 

• Posted

Way to go, Susan!!!  As you know, we have identical experiences!!  My NHS allocated Consultant didn't even bother to see me, just sent a letter saying "it's only Diverticular Disease, a benign condition".  I hope she gets it in later life!  My GP thought I had a medical background from the knowledge I had picked up through bitter experience over 16 years, and this forum!

But for Caroline, sorry to hear you are suffering in just the same way as many of us do with this disease.  I'm glad they are going to keep looking, as you may have other issues, like IBS or colitis which is exacerbating your problems.  Many people on this forum do suffer from more than one issue, and it's such a balancing act to get your diet, medication and probiotics right.  Not too much fibre, the right sort of fibre, not overloading your tummy, removing trigger foods.  I hope you settle down and can enjoy Christmas, but with care!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.