More knee issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well it’s been a little over 2 weeks since my PKR, patella femoral compartment.  ROM is very good, Pain is so, so. PT person says I’m doing really well, so well I’m fact he keeps adding in harder and harder exercises.  I understand but thinking he shouldn’t do so much one day that I can hardly walk the next; one day this week my knee looked like a balloon and was swollen down to my toes.  Took a whole day to get that under control.  Going forward I am going to tell my PT guy to slow down but I’m paying him and it is my recovery and he is working/getting paid by me!

Still thinking I am way ahead only being 2 weeks out.  Lots of rambling here but just wanting to know if this experience is similar to what it should be at this point?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Be sure to speak up for yourself. If you don’t, know one will. Tell them how you are feeling. Good luck on your continued recovery.
  • Posted

It's up to you to let him know at what pace you want to proceed at. I am sure that given the feedback from you with respect to the swelling he will temper things accordingly!

I remember my physio showing me little squats.

"Mmmm", i said, "I will bear that in mind" 😊

We both found it amusing.

I did start doing them; they were just noticeably knee bends at first.

I did literally three a couple of times a day, and that took all the will power I had because they were so difficult.

She encouraged me to just push a little bit further than what I thought I could do, which is kind of part of their job really I guess.

But yes, if your knee is blowing up it needs listening to!

It may be a matter of doing the new exercises but just in smaller amounts...

Congratulations so far!

I was TKR, but I am sure similar challenges! Expectations vary a lot from country to country and professional to professional.

• Posted

Hi ellen

Pure and simple thats your knees way of saying to much to soon

Do listen to it this ia a marathon not a sprint

I wish you a very speedy recovery.

• Posted

I would find a new PT person! The heck with this person, must be on an ego trip. I am very serious, I know that is not right!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.