more new drugs

Posted , 1 user is following.

Saw home care team again (still daily),dr came too to review meds,were talking admission yesterday due to extreme suicidal thoughts and detatchment and I actually thought this would give me some peace from the pressures of home.Today this was not mentioned except in passing,changed risperidone 3mg a day to olanzapine 5mg once at night with mirtazaoine 45mg and zopiclone if I still cant sleep(probably unlikely I would have thought).Team suggests counnselling which I have tried but wont work as there is still nothing in my head to talk about,I think they will stop coming soon.Voices still there although Dr today says I am not psychotic,still on esure meal replacements as I vomit if I eat and still cutting leg,non of which seemed to matter today.Just when you think they understand they just show you that they dont,feel a lot like giving up.

Happy new year.

Jo

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yeah as far as I can tell Im normal :D

Feelings / emotions are a chemical, psychological and physiological process, depending on whats going on it may be impossible for you to feel anything, its not a matter of choice smile

• Posted

Hi

maybe going to the psychotherapist will help with the ability to feel,right now Im glad I cant.

Jo

• Posted

If youve got the opportunity to see a psychotherapist take it, they seem to be getting the chemical aspects more under control smile Also Id be interested to know whether theres actually something organically wrong with ya smile
  • Posted

my Gp did basic neuro obs which were ok as he was worried too.he felt I seemed more animated too which is goodmbut was really annoyed that no one told him about OD (or anything since first saw psychiatrist.)i am so used now to feeling totally empty I guess I just dont notice if Im olk or not.Husband rarely leaves me alone as he is so scared re suicide but I dont think I would do that unless provoled by some awful event,lets face it,things couldnt be much worse.Unless I turn out to have some hideous,fatal condition,i dont care about that either.Am sure its the anti psychotics working not the mirtazapine,still needdiazepam which they have given me again,without all these things I would be nothing

Jo :wink:

• Posted

my 13 year old has just had a major tantrum basically because of what I did ti her (for the second time in her life) by the OD.I feel on the verge of tears but they never really come and I dont feel anything,except the awful fear that one day I will have to face up to all the bad stuff and I know that will be the end.Eating -worse,rapidly losing weight,wont self harm though because its too hard to hide and I can bargain it with the vomitting.home care team came today and said it will take a long long time to get back to where I was,not sure I want to go there anyway.Gp says it will be March before thinking about work,but thats so unimportant compared to what Ive done to my daughter,making her think shes going to lose her mum to whom she is so very close.I cant be a mum or a wife or a friend,I am just nothing except a shell full of horrors that are getting closer and closer.
  • Posted

Jo I think that you are very brave to post on here. From what you have said you are still feeling quite fragmented and suicidal. I have a child too a little younger than your daughter. To explain mental illness to a child is very hard. She needs to know that you love her and care for her and nothing will get in the way of it. I wouldn't try explaining the od or any of your symptoms until you are feeling a lot better. If you can hug and cuddle her so much the better. If your CPN or GP can explain to her that you have been ill but are getting better that would be good. Leave the explaining till later.
  • Posted

Oh god, hey you dont need to be ill to feel uncomfortable in such a situation, Itd do my head in aswell :?
  • Posted

Posting here helps because the feedback helps me maintain some sense of reality in my odd empty world.Home care team help but not as much as they did because every day is the same and theres a limit to what you can say.Ive told them loads already.I have this psychotherapist appt for the 15th and am hopeful that will do some good,am mainly v scared because I am aloose cannon and one that doesnt care about any thing which is even worse.suicide still feels like its waiting for me around every corner,its like i know in the end thats going to be my only option although Im sure I wouldnt do it on days like today. :roll: :?:

Jo

• Posted

I think that you are doing really well Jo. Your posts seem to be a lot calmer. I am not an expert just a fellow sufferer and a mum. Psychotherapy can open up lots of feelings. You might not be in touch with anything at the moment. Is this appointment private or NHS? I have had a lot of psychotherapy over the years both individual and group. You might want to keep a diary of thoughts and feelings. The success of your therapy will depend on the relationship that you have with your therapist (transference) and their counselling skills. There are many different types of psychotherapy. Let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

How are ya Jo? Any noticable difference? smile
  • Posted

wouldnt let me post here earlier,computer broken or site iffy. :shock:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.