More pain after good night sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've not been diagnosed as such with fybromyalgia but my physio therapist thinks I may have it or some form of myalgia.. I'm just wondering why after what I assume was a relatively good night sleep I usually wake up in more pain than when I've tossed and turned all night with hardly any sleep. I would say this morning I have about 95% of my body aches.. Still had to get up and go to work being self employed housekeeper I have to keep going 🙄. Oh and I have been diagnosed with Essential Tremor...

Margaret

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My guesses would be:

1. You didnt actually have a great nights sleep or it wasnt restorative
    2. If you did sleep well and didnt move a lot your joints/muscles etc could have seized up causing pain/pressure
    3. The bad nights sleep previously are catching up with you and it just appears that way
    4. Some hormones changed through sleeping well and your pain levels are more sensitive
    5. You slept well enough to dream and those dreams caused you to tense through the night, clench jaw etc etc

You can only really hazard guesses but it has happened to me too, nights were weve gone on holiday ridiculously early and ive just stayed up pains been better the next day despite being up for the whole night and next day until late but a few days later it catches up again.

• Posted

Thank you Charlotte.

I could probably agree with all your points.. I'm also quite knackered at the end of the day with my Essential Tremor.. 🙄

• Posted

it could be that you slept in one position most of or all night and that would seize you up, your joints, ligaments etc get so stiff with no movement so in some ways worse than tossing and turning, sorry to say!

• Posted

it could be that you slept in one position most of or all night and that would seize you up, your joints, ligaments etc get so stiff with no movement so in some ways worse than tossing and turning, sorry to say!

• Posted

• Posted

hi Maybe go and see your GP and get a referral to see a rheumatologist and then you will know one way or the other sending you all my love good luck and hope you get a better night sleep tonight

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.