More pain after shoulder surgery than BEFORE surgery!

Posted , 2 users are following.

**Anyone out there have much more shoulder pain than before surgery?

I am just now at 3 month mark after a full tear supraspinatus repair. My pain is steadily getting worse and pain has now spread to my shoulder blade, high into my neck, armpit, entire arm, hand, and collar bone.

I cannot move my arm even a little but bow without sharp stabbing pains.

I never had near thus amount of pain prior to surgery and never this spread out.

I had an MRI done and it shows a re-tear. I think there is much more going on besides the re-tear. I think the anchor and sutures are causing me issues. I told my surgeon prior to surgery that i had issues with permanent sutures. He said I would be fine. He used Arthrex anchor and fiber tape sutures.

Now I have no strength at all left in my arm. The pain is nauseating.

Now I need to find a good surgeon in Cincinnati, Ohio area to remove this mess without injuring me even further.

Any info or advise?! I am a mess right now and want to scream.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.