More pain and misery!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 6 weeks post op for major prolapse surgery and have been doing really well, obviously taking it steady and resting a lot. This week have felt like getting out and driving. Today just popped to the local shop in the car and now in lots of pain didn't overdo it or so I thought, feel like I've gone back to week 3. What have I done? I've gone back to bed with some painkillers and it's my birthday😞

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh bless you Terri.. Firstly happy birthday!!!! It must be upsetting feeling like you have gone backwards, but just rest up today and chill if you can.

Our bodies have a way of telling us to slowed down.I don't you have done anything.what surgery did you have.I'm 9 days anterior repair,and doing well. I'm doing zero, and intend to continue for a while yet this way.hugs to you.xx

• Posted

It was an infracocygeal sacropexy, anterior and enterocele repair for complete vault prolapse just to give it the technical name!!!!
    • Posted

Hi, I am not sure what the first bit is? But the back I understand I have had A&P and some scaring that didn't heal from the last operation. I to had the prolapse pushing through the vagina which was scary.

i would lay down love feet elevated take some codeine and rest for an hour if no better ring the doc, we're is the pain?

• Posted

it feels like pressure pain over the whole pelvic vault area, I've had it before so I think I've pulled where the new scar tissue is forming, I've probably overstretched or something, my poor bladder has gone into spasm!
  • Posted

Hi Terri, happy Birthday did you build up to going out? I remember the same fealings after my hystorectomy pain and upset with myself I think  you need to take it easy and small walks a day first, matron will be on at some point today and will help with your questions.I am 8days after the operation and have done very little till this morning and I walked on the drive stood had a conversation with a frend and needed to go back to bed for a lay down.

we are all different what operation did you have love?

• Posted

Happy Birthday Terri, hope your feeling better. I think we underestimate all the time what we do. If go back to doctors if experiencing a lot of pain. Maybe ask for a scan to see what's going on! I did and found have a haematoma! Take care x

• Posted

You use your pelvic floor muscles when you drive terri. Did you do the test I always recommend (and recommended by Urogynaecologists) to check you are healed enough to drive? 

Happy birthday terri. You'll have to celebrate when you feel better 🎂🎉

• Posted

Matron how are you today, you give lots of good advice but we don't seem to ask you what sort of day you are having biggrin
    • Posted

That's kind of you Gillian. Another busy day sat at my laptop finishing off some work for my local NHS Trust but I'm well thank you. How are you today?
    • Posted

my car is an automatic and I feel able to perform an emergency stop ok. Ive been building up my activity over the last few days a we've just had a new kitchen put in so there's been some clearing up to do, I've probably been to eager to move on which is pretty typical for me!!!!
    • Posted

Feeling fresh, a bit of acking but to be expected done a little walk no codeine yesterday onwards and upwards
    • Posted

One of the ways to check you can safely do an emergency stop and as I said it's recommended by consultants is to stamp your feet, one at a time on a hard surface. If you experience pain in your pelvic/vulval area then you're not ready.
    • Posted

Matron I have had a A&P and can feel the stitches at the entrance is that normal
    • Posted

Hello Gillian. Yes it is normal so don't be alarmed. As you heal the stitches will obviously dissolve and you may find them in your underwear or in the loo. 
    • Posted

Will I feel them too with anterior repair? Have not felt there though,too scared matron. X
    • Posted

Hi matron, I turned over felt something prick and felt down there it was very swollen with stitches felt like stricken out so I haven't done any damage
    • Posted

Matron sorry for all the questions in a panic is it from the pros terai repair
    • Posted

It's hard to do any damage to be honest Gillian so don't worry. I remember feeling mine and it does feel weird and you wonder if things it that area will ever get back to normal, but they do obviously. Everything feels and looks very different when all the swelling goes down and the sutures have dissolved x
    • Posted

How long do they take to come out omg I am not good with this
    • Posted

💕💕💕💕💕💕its OK love, xxxxx
    • Posted

The stitches will dissolve as I said and you may not even know they have dropped out. Some ladies see them others don't, I didn't. It's difficult to know how long it will take but usually anything from 3 weeks up to about 8 weeks although I've known them to be there at 12 weeks. However they won't always feel the way they do now because as you heal the swelling subsides and you don't even know they are there x
    • Posted

Matron canyiu pm Gillian.she can't see messages.xx
    • Posted

Matron, omg I don't know what I would do without you proper stressing I rang the ward as well I was being impatient, sorry, going to bed got myself all upset x

thx again matron x

• Posted

Don't get upset Gillian. Sorry if I didn't get back to you sooner. Have you spoken to anyone on the ward?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.