more pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all,

just wanted to ask if anyone has real pain in their hands to the point so that you cant form a fist.  my fingers feel swollen but are not, also the soles of my feet even hurt.  just waiting for my appointments to come through for the pain clinicand hope that they can tweek my meds to help as i feel that the gabapentin is not working any more.

kind regards

janet

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

is common for hands to feel swollen even if there not. so is the pain in the feet.

iv noticed i cant cross my fingers any more be interesting to see if i can when the weather cools down,  i am going back to soaking my feet in magneisum flakes helps relax the feet reduce pain, and after several months will increase my magneisum levals which in turn will help with sleep and pain .and fatigue.

• Posted

Yes the pain is so un controlable i ache from head to toe at the moment sometimes my teeth and hair hurt i have lots of other problems through ware and tare but nothing as bad as this fibromyalgia, they have now put me on 300mgs of gabapentin but i have only been diagnosed 4 months so it is trial and error at the moment so i hope you get some relief you have my sympathy
    • Posted

hi there,

i have been on gabapentin for well over 2 years now taking 900mg 3 x a day.  i feel that they are no longer helping with my pain so i am going to have a word with  my gp once i have the letter from my rheumatologist.  i hope that you get some relief with this medication as i did at the beginning.

kind regards

janet

• Posted

Hi I have alot of pain in my hands to the point i drop things or can not write so yeh sorry all part of it 
  • Posted

i so so so feel your pain...i have been seeing a neurologist for almost 2 years now. i was told i had fibro in 2001...but i am practically crippled now, and am using a walker when outside the home....i have had the  tingling in the tops of my feet as well as cramps,  and cramps in the hands....i have had right leg dragging before and am now my left knee buckles again  giving way and i hope the right foot dragging doesn't start again....do you see a rheumatologist ?
    • Posted

i there,

thanks for your response.  i have just received letter from rheumatologist saying that he is handing my care over to my GP and that he does not want me to se him in clinic.  My GP is to refer me to pain clinic and i cant wait.  the pains in my hands and feet is chronic

specially in the morning when i am trying to get out of bed.  the first

1hour out of bed is horrid.  i to have problems with my knees they are so sore and keep giving way which i a pain specially when i am carrying hot coffee and when i am trying to get out of the bath.

i am going to make appointment with GP to see what the next step is.  i need a letter of her for DWP as i have been placed in the WRAG and i feel that i need to be in the SG.  fingers crossed she will give me such a letter.

kind regards

janet

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear that you are in such pain also i think i have had it longer than my diagnosis but no one would listen and then i demanded i see a consultant for a second opinion  and the tests and examination proved i had fibro fully blown along with my ostioartritis. Mine is harder to treat with having ostio and i have been handed back to my gp to sort the treatment and meds out what suit me so how long that will take i just dont know. But i ache from head to toe and getting out of chairs and bed is such a struggle it is so frustrating as i used to be a very strong and hard working man. Please let me know how you get on and we will keep in touch as it is good to talk to someone with the same problem as i can learn from it. M
    • Posted

Hi i am very sorry you are struggling in the way you are and you have my sympathy as i have to go through the pain and it is so hard to make people understand how bad it is. Yes my consultant as done the same as yours handed me back to my GP to sort my meds out and to get me on the right one am taking 300mgs of gaberpentin a day and they took me of my meloxicam that i was taking for my arthritis and my pain is worse out of ten it would have to be a nine all the time. Also with regards to your problem DWP i have this week been to a tribunal as they stopped my benefits and have been waiting 13 months for the tribunal, but i fought and won my case and they have put me on ESA plus support component until i come to retirerment age so please dont give up and if you can get a letter from your GP or a consultant that would be good but my advice would be go see a welfare officer at citizens advice unless you already have done and they will give you what you want to hear. I had a letter from my consutant that described everything in detail and it was that and the CAB form and my presentation that won me my case. I dont know if this helps you and please ask if i can help you in anyway and good look dont give in to it. M
  • Posted

well all i can say is listening to everyone on this forum whos gone straight onto pain meds ,i am glad i did it the natrual way ,the thing with pain meds is they only work for so long then they have to be to be increased or changed, and what do you do when they no longer work,

and before anyone thinks i cant be in that much pain or that stiff i would like to say your wrong ,i have a tiny dog weighs 12lbs when he jumps on me it hurts like a great dane just jumped on me, if i someone pokes me with a finger or i knock my calfs on anything the pain is sickning,

i have the depression, moods swings, sweats ,irated bladder blurred vision ,

and the worst of all the fatigue, ibs

but i control them with some bloody mindness  i must admit.

,and good quality supplemments, watching what i eat noting what causes problems,and why

, using chillo mats in bed, and ice blocks during the day, to keep cool, and iv reintroduced my foot soaks of magneisuim, which stops the jumpy legs and eases the foot pain, along with my new pain relief oil  and relaxtion cd , iv found my why to keep the pain at bay,

its still there but instead of being at 20 its about 8 , most of the time. it does flare when i am upset or stressed,

but i dont seem as bad of as most of you , you just seem to be going round and round on this pain trip , and its  proberly them in some cases thats causes the dizziness and the extrem fatigue,  like some of you i have other condition,aspergers syndrom which makes me sensistive to stimulus,and have poor cordination, and i am 54 so proberly going thru the menopause i say proberly because iv felt worse these past 2 yrs , and as i had a hyestorectomey in 97 i wont have a any physical signs .

PLEASE dont think i am saying any thing negative about people who chose to go the medical way, i just have had bad things happen to me and my family thru wrong medications, and wrong medical treatment, and to be quite honest except for check ups to make sure theres nothing new going on i stay away, from my gp,

just like my gran did she lived till she was 89, and my great nan was the same and she lived till she was 95

, a friend of my mine had empty nest syndrome was really out of sorts she listened to other people went to the doctors she was in there 5mins came up with a perscription took the first tablet that evening she drop down dead few minutes later, just 48

.doctors for me are always the last port of call. when iv tried everything else. meds are chemicals chemicals are toxic .name

one condition they can actuly cure with tablets , they control the symptoms and mask  pain , even antibiotics dont work so well now,

they now use maggots to save people limbs when good old antibiotics dont work, in the past they treated ear infections the same, dropped a maggots in to the ear plugged it left it a few days the maggots ate all the bad stuff and then fell out of the ear ,i find that really squirmy as i cant stand maggots but if it meant loosing a leg i no id give it a try.and leeches are used in hospitals to reduce scaring.

• Posted

Hi janet,

I can relate to both symptoms!!!

my fingers also feel swollen....like when you used  for a long walk on ahot day and the blood kind of pools in your hands.

The solesof my feet feel as if I am walking on a beach with big pebbles!

julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.