More PE's

Posted , 8 users are following.

I ha them two years ago and was on Riveroxoban for six months. I am not a text book case apparently but have been feeling unwell for three months finally go did a d dimer and it was 700, admitted there and then and am now on Apixoban for life. This is life changing and I hate it. Tried some gardening felt sick and breathless, had wine and loved it but now on water, can I not have a glass of wine with my dinner

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Welcome to my world. 

Apixaban for life too but there seems to be an issue about dosage still to be sorted out.

ever since taking this i have been having intermittent nausea and lethargy.

• Posted

No reason why your drinking habits should change because you had a P.E and are on anticoags - mine didn't and I'd have a few beers during the week and a bottle or two of wine most w/ends  with no ill effects - ok maybe a couple of hangovers , but just dont over do it and fall over and hurt yourself as stopping the bleeding  might be a prob wink 

• Posted

How come they didn't put you back in riiveroxaban least you can have your wine on that . I have had bilateral PE twice the second time four weeks after finishing medication after being in it 6 months they still put me back on same drug tho

• Posted

Hi Tina

My Name is Jhoana haD PE in the left

Lungs how comes that ur PE cameback

After 4 weeks now i am really scared!

How did U get PE? Can i ask how old und are?

I am 22 year old and have 2 years old daughter and now i am scared to take off my Medication.

Because i saw ur's cameback After 4 weeks

I am on Xarelto

• Posted

Ive been off of my apixaban whitch is eliquis for a couple days and im worried. My doctor told me i can take baby asprin. But im still scared.
  • Posted

Do you have a blood clotting disorder?
    • Posted

Do they know whats causing you to have clots? Because im 35 and they are not 100% on what caused mine but i was cleared to atop the apixaban but im afraid to because i dont want to get abother clot. I emailed my doctor to ask if i can stay on it till i go back to work full time next week.
  • Posted

Hi Maggie

I am on Apixaban and have right heart strain due to the clots and am due for more tests next week.

The cardiologist and respiratory consultant have both said that it is fine for me to have a glass of wine, at times I do feel like one but am nervous about having one!

Haven't had a glass of wine since November...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.