More Perimenopause symptoms???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

Does anyone suffer with an itchy scalp and sore eyes?  I'm not sure if these are perimenopause related but just recently alongside all the more common symptoms, both have been quite intense. 

I was convinced I had headlice at first, but I've checked and double checked and can find nothing, and yet my head is constantly itchy and it drives me crazy. Its getting embarrassing keep scratching my head all the time!!! 

Also in the last 2 weeks I've noticed my eyes have felt so sore. I can only liken it to when I was younger and everybody smoked, if you spent an evening in a smoky pub, you would go home with sore eyes from the smoke. They feel like this almost everyday! 

Does anyone else have these issues? Are these more symptoms of this lovely chapter of my life?? 

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah 

I have itchy scalp like crazy Specially on the top back of my head  . I went to a dermatology and they gave me lotion and I used neutrogena for scalp scoriasis and I’m still itchy I m supposed to see him soon and he said he is gonna do a sample tondo a bypsy .  My eyes are dry as a prune  

• Posted

Yes, an itchy scalp was one of my first unusual symptoms.  I thought it was lice too!  Luckily I mentioned it to my mother at the time, and she said my grandmother had that symptom. It's so strange.  I got an anti-itch shampoo at walgreens that helped me.  It comes and goes; not too extreme. Hope yours gets better. As for the eyes, I don't have that.  Best of luck and stay strong.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, i have the same dry eyes and you describe it as smoke in your eyes and that is exactly how my eyes feel. Sat here typing my eyes feel dry and sore. I too have a dry itchy scalp and itchy legs. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.