More prone to infections?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My doc told me I have been suffering with a glandular fever type virus for the past 2 months. My question is, has anyone experienced being prone to infection after having this? Like having more frequent infections - throat etc

Thanks 

Paige 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paige,

I am wondering the same thing. Before getting this nasty virus almost 5 months ago I was very healthy, getting sick once a year with a common cold but nothing more. Now that my health has been undermined, I worry about not reducing this virus and then being more compromised in the future. I am seeing a functional medical practitioner (naturopath) tomorrow and will be asking many questions including this one. I will let you know what his take is on this virus....I have had very severe symptoms that continue to compromise my daily life in a big way. I think because I am 48 I may have less fighting power than a 20 something.....How old are you and how are you coping with your symptoms? I hope you are having better luck than me!

Take care,

Kiki

• Posted

Hi did you get anywhere with the naturopath? My docs referring me to rheumotology not sure if thts a good or bad thing? 
  • Posted

Totally! Ive had more health issues in the last 10 months then i have in my whole life id never really been to the doctors before i got ill. I had tonsilitis 3 times, a belly button infection that wouldnt go away, picked up colds over the winter and a couple other things. also if i had a cut it would take ages to stop bleeding and heal. I definately have a weakened immune system.

Maisie

• Posted

Hi Paige,

Most definitely I believe this is a normal experience for the virus you are going through, your immune system is in a battle when going through this and the virus can cause things like repeaed sore throats and things like that.

Just want to reassure you that this phase does pass Paige, this is the hardest part right now what you're going through this first 2-3 months definitely the worst. You will make a full recovery from this, if it still takes a wee bit of time don't panic that can be normal, but definitely you will get there and the intensity will definitely lessen after this initial period - hang in there for now and remember taking vitamins and herbs can really help, a good strong multi-vitamin per day, B complex, Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), and immune boosting herbs like oregano, siberian ginseng and/or echinicea. These will hopefully help fend off some of other wee infections you have been getting.

And most importantly remember you WILL get through this and return to full health - this does go away completely with time, trusting in God and believing 100% in your recovery Paige.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.