more run down

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi does any one else whos going through the menapause feel more run down with constant minor illnesses ie colds sinnisitus ect I used to be so immune to colds coughs ect but find im getting them quite frequently thank you 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, in answer to your question then YES ! ........colds regularly, coughs, minor cuts don't heal as well, sinus problems on and off with face pain, ear infections , so many things along with all the other 66 horrible symptoms ontop. Despite taking numerous supplements they seem to make no difference so im giving up spending money on them and will spend it on extra fruit and veg instead which is probably better anyway. Right now I take Vit c, e, b, magnesium, Feraglobin, Osteocare and to be absoloutley honest for me I really believe they make no difference at all - so what's the point ! Really hope you feel better soon, Lou x

• Posted

Hi lou, when you say you take Feraglobin and Osteocare, am I right in thinking Iron and Calcium? If so, I'd check what form they are in. Many such mineral supplements are basically lumps of ground-up rock and, as such not very 'bio-available'.

You can get better iron and calcium from your diet. Plants take up those minerals and in that form your body can use it more easily.

If you want to continue taking calcium supplements may I suggest you take Vit D and Vit K2 as well. Vit D helps the calcium to get into your body (rather than go straight through!) and K2 makes sure it gets to where you want it, in your bones and not your arteries.

I hope this helps - now have YOU any solutions to my joint problems (not bones, they are fine, but my tendons and ligaments are shot!)rolleyes

• Posted

thank you lou funny enough I'm having sinus problems as I text and I cant shift them I am going to try black cohosh I am also taking magnesium and omega three oils but have only been on them three weeks and im taking extra fruit. thank you for your advice and i hope you find some relief 

• Posted

No I don't, with the change of diet and the vits/mins I take, I actually have fewer colds etc. MY problem is that every injury, knock, bump or bruise has come back to haunt me. I used to go horse riding and, as you can imagine clocked-up a number of injuries. It would be easier to say which joints are NOT affected.

Mornings are the worst - I'm like the Tin Man from the Wizzard of OZ!

• Posted

thanks bobbysgirl my hands suffer the most and my ankles
  • Posted

Hello Sue,

Have you tried L-Lysine?  I take it daily in the 1000 mg. form.  My immune system is compromised, so I do all I can to keep it up as best I can.  I do eat fresh fruit and veggies, and healthy, but I still have to keep on top of it.  I don't get colds, or flu.  If I should start to feel like I am getting a cold, I take 2 pills = 2000 mg.  And of course I do take Vit. C also 2000 mg a day as well.  If it works for someone with auto immune issues, maybe it will work for you ladies?  Might not hurt to give it a try.  They are not costly.

• Posted

i will look in to it thank you deidra and i am taking extra fruit 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.