More Up than Down

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to share with you that for the past week/10 days I have been feeling happier than I have for a long time.  Can't explain the reasons.  It could be my meds, not alot else has changed but for some reason I feel a little more postive about things smile 

I have been suffering from depression for longer than I care to remember and I wanted to let you know cos, being on here has helped.  Ive shared some of my bad times, taken myself away when its been too hard and now I feel I need to share this to support those that cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.  Im not kidding myself into believing its gone for good but at the moment I feel great compared to how Ive been.

Keep talking, keep hoping, keep believing cos it can get better!

7 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Good for you. A positive attitude helps a great deal as does the right medication. As you say your problem may not have gone forever. Just try getting up and thinking every day is going to be a good day and you'd be surprised the influence this thought will have!  Good luck.
  • Posted

Great to hear. I'm also feeling ok-ish at the moment. I still get tripped up when things go slightly wrong but I'm thinking clearer and a little more interested in what's going on around me rather than the cycling thoughts in my head. Helped by taking a few positive steps. I'm being mindful not to think 'I'm cured!' like I often have done in the past, only to find it hits even harder the next time. Accepting that this is a long term struggle (but one which can be won) is half the battle I think, and we have to keep taking stock and taking care of ourselves.
    • Posted

Spot on.  I don't fool myself, and I do kind of expect it end, but at the moment it feels good and I'm hoping.

Thanks for you time and support

• Posted

Thank you so much fo rsharing how you are feeling.  I am so pleased things are better for you.  Lovely to hear from people who are doing well.  It is very encouraging. 

Long may it continue. 

• Posted

I realise that alot of the discussions are when we feel down and I wanted to show that it can lift sometimes and give hope to others.  It may not last but while its good I'm enjoying it!

Thanks for your time and support. 

• Posted

thanks deaver for sharing this, it has really cheered me up.   I've been in and out of depression so many times in my life. I'm 57. i've started to go down again, but through researching online, have realised it's because, I've just had an operation, so can't do normal anti dotes, ie actitivities, I've given up smoking, and I'm kind of isolated, although when I'm well I'm actually quite a gregarious kind of person.

I was crying yesterday because I can't have any more babies!  Kind of mad as I'm too old and I've just had my ovaries removed.  But I am laughing now, sometimes I make myself laugh, it's fake at first, but then it turns real and it helps.  I want to stay off the cigarettes and beat the depression your post has helped me have faith that I can do it.  Many thanks and blessings to youbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Titabeth,  Keep believing, I'm sure you will find a way.  If only it was easy to switch it off eh?  I'm just accepting each day as it comes and hoping my current mood lasts.  Forgot how good feeling good can be!

Thinking of you. smile

• Posted

Hey Deaver, great to see your post, especially when some of us are having not so good days, reminds me to remember there's always the reality of things changing for the better, thanks smile Nick.
    • Posted

Thanks Nick.  Just wanted to post something positive as I know how hard coping can be.  It may not last but while it does I'm actually happy!
  • Posted

Wow....  Just noticed its been 2 years since I was last on here...... where did that time go???????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.