More worries!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Was just curious to see if anyone else felt the same as me. When I was first diagnosed I literally couldn't lie back as it was too painful did anyone else have this?

Also I feel terrified all the time that this could happen again or I could suddenly die as I have read this is a possible complication after a PE?!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had pain like that a lot after both my PEs. It does take time to get over. I went to a&e a few times after too. I still find I have odd aches. I have realised that anxiety does play a big part in it. I'm constantly thinking about what happened but hey we survived and are here to tell the tale. When I was in.hospital a lady died on ward from a PE. Frightened me!

If you are taking anti-coags as prescribed then you should be fine and just have to try not to.think about it. I.had my 1st PE at 21- I was carefree living with friends in London. I got through that ok and enjoyed my life to full. But this one in 2013- I was 32 with a 3 year old and 5/12 old. Totally knocked me. But I do try not to worry about it

All my clotting is normal but been advised now to stay on medication long term.

Just.relax and things will get better.

• Posted

Thank you! Yep I'm only 22 so finding it all very scary at the moment and feel scared every day!

I look back and almost have to convince myself that this has happened to me!! X

• Posted

I found the more I thought/think about it worse I'd feel. You just have to get on with life and that will happen time. I had 8 weeks off work 1st time

• Posted

Live life for today as you are just as much at risk crossing a busy road as having a blood clot travelling about andyou are possibly safer due to the medication. I often think that when your mind keeps going back to your problems then you tend to dwell on them, so get some positive thoughts on things to do in the future and set your mind on them and meet your targets. Keep smiling and "taking the tablets" as I do !!.
  • Posted

If you are on Facebook there's a closed group. Lifeblood: The Thrombosis Charity. Lots of people on there.
  • Posted

Thanks guys I appreciate the knowledge and support x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.