Morning adrenaline rush

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone.I have been on CIT 10mgs for 3 weeks and my anxiety is still sky high especially as soon as I open my eyes a surge of adreanile runs through my body and I break out into a cold sweat. Please can someone tell me if this will go away as I have withstood all the side effects for 3 weeks and I dont want to give up now I so want it to work

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Three weeks is not long enough although thats about the time it took for mine to kick in. Talk to your GP
  • Posted

Hi Cynthia,

You gotta give it time girl. We are all very different and we therefore experience different types, levels and intensity of side effects - and it aint fun! Some can relate to some of the things you will post and then some wont! When we can help we will, when we can't we just may say hello!

It will go away, again it may take longer than others or you'll be one of the lucky ones and it will clear very fast. Trouble is at the moment it feels pretty cr-p, but you just have to ride it, go with the flow! Excepting that and looking like everything is a positive (even the negatives) will all help to get you through. The most important thing is - you have us to help you when ever you need us! For advice, an answer, just a chat or even a virtual hug!

I (and everyone else) was just like you and then I embraced the forum and the Angels, now I can share and help you and others myself.

Keep in touch!

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

David I replied to your lovely letter but it doesn't seem to have appeared.I feel very grateful for your encouragement at this difficult time unless you jhave been through this you have no idea how difficult it is.One wishes sometimes that one had a plaster cast on as that is visible this affliction is totally invisible to others and very difficult for others to resist the temtation of saying'get over it only you can help yourself' If only it were so easy.Take care.Keep in touch                                       Cynthia
  • Posted

Hi, Have you considered CBT as well as medication alot of the anxiety I experienced I could manage/struggle through since being on Citalopram I have only anxiety as a side effect not since the first 3 days though just takes time I think some longer than others I'm afraid hang in there though give it a real good go tolrate the side effects and see where you are in 3 months smile

• Posted

Hi cynthia, I'm 3 weeks in. First week 10mg second week 15 then 3rd week 20 which is where I intend to stay for a month or so when I reevaluate. I am still not sleeping have no appetite and am still getting anxiety. Although it is less is is always worst in the mornings. Everyone states it can take time and that's the worst part. It is pure hell. The evenings are the best! I look forward to them now. I take mine on the mornings. I have to take phenergan for sleep as i wouldn't get any sleep otherwise. So don't feel too disheartened. Also 10 is quite low. My doctor told me to up after the first week or two because 20mg is considered the lowest therapeutic dose really. After uppong from 10 to 15 then again to 20 I really.in notice a difference in my anxiety in that it got less. Speak to your doctor and just ask a lot of questions.
    • Posted

Hi Crest Thankyou for replying bto me .My anxiety is still sky high, I don't have many side effects really I am sleeping and eationg but it doe not seem to be working on my anxiety but I will give it more time I have to go and see theDr next week so perhaps she will up the dose.How are you now .Keep in touch
    • Posted

Yeqh I was a right mess on 10 the first week which is completely normal. If you can hack it another week then do so but I really feel 10 is too low for bad panic and anxiety. As soon as I got to 20mg it eased. Everyone is different I know but I just wanted to climb the mg scale as quickly as possible to get that edge taken off the anxiety. One doctor told me it's kinda pointless on 10mg. But it does work at that dose for some people. It really is a waiting game and trial and error. If not get prescribed something for that too. Are you sleeping? Have your side effects lessened? If so try a higher dose. It didn't propel me back to square one upping it which was Good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.