Morning anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok so does anyone get really bad morning anxiety?? Mine is so bad that I puke!!!

I'm so scared going to bed because of the way I'm going to feel!! Will my meds help this once they kick in?? I just can't deal anymore sad

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kerri,

Please try not to worry, if your are on pills for anxiety, or antidepressants,or anti emetics . They will almost certainly make a huge difference very quickly.... do you eat anything before you go to bed? Sometimes a half pint glass of cold FRESH milk and a couple of plain biscuits can make a. Huge difference to just how your stomach feels in the morning.....

I am sure that you will feel better in no time, sincere regards, Deirdre xx

• Posted

Well the thing is I been taking my thyroid pill at night because I can't take it in the morning as I usually just vomit it up sad

So I take my Clonazepam for sleep

And hour later take my synthroid pill for now , until I get better in the mornings. Then I take my cipirlex in the morning when my stomach calms down .

Can't take cipirlex at night as it keeps me up sad anxiety sucks!!

• Posted

what meds are you on?
    • Posted

I'm on cipirlex . Was off them for 6 months and now back on now for 2 weeks and a bit.

Just up my dose today

• Posted

I on venlafaxine and my appetite has changed, stomach is off and i feel nausea most of the time

My GP has given me some ant acid for stomach as the acids will be high if I am not eating. I am also having a routine endscopy to 100% sure but they suspect it could be stress/anxiety related.

My gp thankfully thorough, and last year when I muddled thru with sepsis and a kidney infection I got told off as I end up seriously ill. I just thought I had flu.

I can say my GP is good at looking after me and always ensure we make decisions together   

• Posted

Hello Kerri

Could have been me writing your letter.

I'm not on medication,but have the same fear of going to Bed.

I feel awful when I wake up.Nervous,wretching,shakig,can't eat.

For no apparent reason.

Milk does help to settle my Stomach,until I can face trying to eat anything..

I contcted a therapist who told me that this is  very common.

Janet xx

• Posted

Do you have it every morning?? Or just some mornings?

I usually get it once my anxiety gets bad and then eventually it will pass and won't have it for a very long time.

I'm not a morning person to begin with and that just makes it 10 times worse with the morning anxiety sad

• Posted

I sleep really well,but as soon as I wake up I start getting anxious.I am usually hungry but wretch when I try to eat anything.

This has happened for about a week this time.

I am seeing a therapist on Friday,to see if he can help me overcome this feeling.I eat in the evening,hoping that will help,but still the only thing I can Stomach is Milk when I get up.

• Posted

Yah morning anxiety sucks!!!!

I'm also seeing a therapist as well and doing some heart math?

Have you heard of that before?

It's really neat and helps you how to breath properly .

• Posted

This will be my first apointment with the Therapist.We have spoken on the Phone.he thinks my anxiety is just a symptom of depression.

This morning was bad again,all I have had is a half Glass of Milk and half a Biscuit.feel so shaky,and don't know why.Wish I could lose this sick feeling.

Never heard of Heart Math.Take Care

• Posted

I had this, its passed now my medication has kicked in.  Try peppermint tea before you go to sleep and in the mornings it really helps to get rid of the acid in your stomach.
    • Posted

Ok thxs I might just try it!! How long did it take for your meds to kick in?

What are you on?

• Posted

Six weeks for me and I feel much better. I am on citalopram and propranolol but only low doses. Morning were horrid with the sick feeling and I could only eat at night as well. Your not alone in this. Keep strong you'll get there are
    • Posted

Thxs !! I'm also so tired and don't want to get out of bed sad

Just want to be me again!!😪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.