Morning anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've just had 14 horrendous days on sertraline so changed to  citalapram which I've had b4 nut I wake at 4am with anxiety agitation and restlessness and diazepam I have twice a day and sleeping tabs at night but by 3pm I feel alot calmer  any one else like this 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah I'm the same I'm always worse on a morning it takes me ages after arguing with myself to get up and try moving about but I usually end up downstairs on sofa snoozing,come afternoon time I start feeling like I can manage more,most anxiety suffered find mornings the worse,I know it's hard but try getting up get dressed and then try occupy yourself to break the habit xx
  • Posted

hi totaly agrre with kate,mine was much better after tea time , in total have you only been on sertraline for 14 days ? it does take weeks to work but if it was too bad for you it's understandable, but for me it was like a miracle drug after 6-8 weeks.
    • Posted

Hi Wayne I know but after 2 weeks my symptoms weren't improving any doc said there should have been a little improvement but I was prob worse and I start agitated at 4 in a morning I've been off work 6 weeks already as I start work at 7.30 so until my morning symptoms improve I can't go back but I'm just at Rock bottom how do I carry on
    • Posted

hi sarah

​to ease your mind, i never felt any better at all for min 4 weeks, there are only a few who feel any relief after 14 days, i too lost my business and had to close it down i was that poorly. best thing i did was stick it out with sertraline,im not saying it could be the same for yourself, however i feel min 3-4 weeks to see any up lift in your symptoms, take care

• Posted

You too I've changed back to citalapram though now cus I know that did work
  • Posted

I'm on sertraline have been for 5 yrs and my first few weeks on it were horrible but I stuck with it I'm on 175 mg a day now and it keeps me quite level with my depression my anxiety only really flares up bad when I'm faced with stressful situations,I have gad,social phobia and health anxiety so I can understand how crippling it can feel

Hang on in there tho luv you will see improvement xx

• Posted

I was the same. It turned out to be lack of sleep (caused by the citalopram or sertraline).   I now take a low dose of mirtazapine - which counters the insomnia.  The change was miraculous.     

• Posted

Sarah,

Yes, sounds about right! I have had the exact same on Cit. I have been on it for nearly 7 weeks now and I am able to sleep at night for the last few days.. Takes a while to adjust. My Morning anxiety has eased as well...phew! How much are you taking? 

• Posted

Because I'd taken 50mg of sertraline for 14 days with such bad side effects she started me on 10mg she knows it's not enough but dosent want me to have such bad side effects again so she's upping it to 20 mg next week although this time last year I was on 40 mg daily
    • Posted

Makes sense. Good idea to start low for sure! I hope your side effects leave soon! Only real one I have left is HOT AND COLD Chills and sweats at night... and yawning. (the yawning is nothing) I started on 10 for 1 week then 20mg as well. Good luck! 
    • Posted

Just wish this anxious feeling and sick stomach would do one so I can eat properly
    • Posted

I understand that! I lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks of being ill sad  Once I started eating again I gained back 6 lol.  It will happen for you too! Make sure you try to get something into you though and stay hydrated! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.