Morning anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have anxiety and am currently on 10mg escitalopram that I've had for 3 weeks, I started on 5 for a month first but am still waking anything between 4 and 5 am and get a kind of dizzy feeling whilst trying to go back to sleep, when I open my eyes the dizziness stops but it's stopping me going back to sleep so I'm so tired! Has anyone else experienced this? I'm also still shaky first thing with a really heavy head!

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan

I am on week 3 of cit, i take min around 7pm every night as it makes me sleepy, i am okay up until 5am then i wake up and seem to be more anxious in the morning than ever before. Sometimes i get the dizziness as well depends.

I find taking the cit with a small snack normally eliminates any other issues i was having, feeling sick etc.

Hang in there the cit can take 6-8 weeks to see an improvement.

take care

• Posted

Thanks Dawn, it helps to know I'm not the only one who has the dizzy feeling, another anxiety symptom I think! I was on citalopram before but couldn't settle on it so am hoping the escitalopram works! I take mine in the morning but don't want to change at the moment as I'm not sleeping too bad (that carts too) and if I change it might disrupt me and I'm due to o go on holiday soon and I'm stressing about that too! Thanks anyway, and good luck with your journey!

• Posted

No problem Susan, happy to help.

Everyone reacts differently to meds, guess it is just trial and error. hopefully the meds work for you.

Maybe taking Kalms might help you with the extra symptoms.

Take Care and hope you have a lovely holiday, message me if you would like to chat further.

• Posted

Hi susan i often have a nervous feeling that starts in my stomach causing a shaking sensation throughout my whole body and often get this if im by myself followed by a fast heartbeat and a fluttering chest sensation, im currently not on any medication but undergoing heart tests all clear so far but during these episodes i do feel extremely dizzy is this something you also experience?
    • Posted

Hi Rachel, all what you describe sounds typically anxiety, I get the shaky jittery feeling inside of me and used to get the fluttering heart but haven't had that a while! I only get dizzy first thing in the morning but only with my eyes shut! I also get weak jelly legs! I wouldn't worry about your heart, it's just you are heavy breathing due to the anxiety! I had a heart trace with a panic attack and all was fine! It's so hard not to worry about this as the anxiety feeds the anxiety and I worry more, but don't you think it's anything other than anxiety, nothing serious!

• Posted

I feel as though it comes on more when im not expecting rather than when i do feel on edge it seems associated with this nervous stomach feeling starting it off, do you experience the jittery feelings as tho theres a current traveling through your body? Also its like all my muscles tighten? I literally was absolutely fine before last summer
    • Posted

Yes I wake up with it always but not always when I'm worried! I have a very nervous tummy, in fact before I was diagnosed with anxiety I thought I had IBS!

I don't know if it feels like a current, it's hard to describe but it's not visible. Another symptom is tense muscles, I get it mainly in my back and neck! Also a heavy head! Have you been to a doctor? I'm sure they would say it's anxiety!

• Posted

Ive had numerous ecgs all fine as are the blood tests and just waiting for my echo test results and i have an appointment for cardiology some time soon. Ive also been to AandE at least 5 times and nothing found i think they have suggested svt as a possibility, so il have to wait and see but it seems impossible for your body to cause all these problems without it being a medical reason very strange, i also know what u mean about the ibs ive also been thinking is it this causing it all. I find that symptoms come in waves 1 week nothing the next 3 or 4 episodes of this for what appears to be no reason. Maybe it is a cycle of anticipated episodes.
    • Posted

I think it was random for me but I had a breakdown at Christmas and it's a long journey for me atm!

What's svt?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.