Morning Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of a dip at the moment, anxiety has been particularly high for a week now. Sparked by a tiny little moment at work and now the anticipation of even the most simple, enjoyable activities hurls me into a panic. I know I go through cycles and I'm sure I'll be feeling better in a week or so...

But I keep waking up with really bad anxiety, physical anxiety, jittery, short of breath, heart pounding etc. But also trapped in a cycle of negative thoughts, working myself up about the upcoming day before I'm even out of bed.

Does anyone else get this bad morning anxiety? How do you cope? I know I should try to get plenty of sleep, get up and exercise or do yoga or whatever.. but when it's bad I lay there and just getting out of bed seems like such a challenge. Let alone doing any positive activities!

Any advice?

Currently on propranolol 10mg (ad hoc). Never sure how much it helps but I've been taking it as I get up lately.

Thanks for your help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ko. When my anxiety is bad I have had really bad anxiety on a morning. Dreading waking as I knew as soon as I woke I would feel my heart racing, agitated feeling inside, my stomach would sometimes churn and I would have to get up and go to loo. Also my arms would tingle and feel like they were on fire, all of this felt worse as when it is early morning and so quiet I couldn't just lie there as my head would race and I would concentrate on the horrid feelings and worry that every day would start like this and drive me mad. As with all anxiety it seems to gradually get better and pass, if you don't seem to be getting better soon see your gp,. When I feel like this I have to get up and put t.v on , make a drink, to take my mind off it or I will just lie there and focus on every little strange feeling which makes it worse. Also take deep breaths when this happens. Have you tried relaxation or mindfullness, some great tips here , some find it really helpful. 

• Posted

I once have anxiety, I overcome it.
    • Posted

This is a place for support and help, I have now seen a number of your comments on this forum and they have not been supportive nor helpful. So I suggest you find something better to do with your time than trivialising the problems of other people.
    • Posted

What I tell people is what help me. I am not playing with the feelings of other people. I am explaining to people what help me to overcome my anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.