Morning anxiety lifting! AMEN!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Finally slept an entire night and woke up without any anxiety. It's a small glimmer of hope and I hope that anyone reading this sticks to their plan. I'm now on 20mg for about a week after 3 weeks in 10. Anxiety was bad then and for several days was bad on 20. But all of the side, the anxiety is lifting. Thanks to everyone that posted encouraging things about their experience and not to give up on this medication. It was truly helpful and HOPEFUL! I'm hoping that this is going to last.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That is great news!!  There is truly nothing better than seeing that first glimmer of hope and knowing there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel we all live in. You should continue to feel better from here.  Don't be discouraged if there are a couple of bumps here and there..they shouldn't last long.  

• Posted

Hi Tammy

I too find the morning anxiety dreadful. Like this morning it's quite high. I've been on 10mg for 3 weeks and before that 5mg for a week. When was it decided to up your dose? did you feel any better during those 3 weeks at 10mg? I've been on this anxiety ride since August and was on Mirtazapine which I hated and made me feel just 'flat'. So asked Dr for change so she put me on Escilaprotin. I'm not sure whether I should be upping the dose now after a month or to wait another couple of weeks. I just want to feel normal again. Was the anxiety very bad on the increase or was it manageable. I hate feeling this way and still have nausea in the am although I'm not sure if this is the meds still (a side effect I found) or a combination of the meds and anxiety which does hit me right in the stomach......literally.

• Posted

Alex, we are all in this boat together and I'm so thankful I found this site. I was on 10 mg generic Lexapro for 3 weeks and the first few days I was fine and thought I was going to be"right as rain" but then the stomach pain and anxiety kicked in high gear. The stomach issues resolved after a week, but I really don't have an appetite. But the anxiety stayed steady and then about the beginning of the third week I started morning anxiety that didn't leave me all day. I was walking up at 3-4 a.m. ..... Taking Ativan here and there to help. But I was just fed up with the process.... Just feeling tired and overwhelmed and that in itself feeds on each other.So I called my Dr and she said to up the dose to 20 (2 - 10mg pills). She says the a.m. anxiety and general anxiety may get worse but be patient, it'll calm down. And it has. After 3 days on the higher dose, she was right, but the 4th day, I slept thru the night and have since!!!!! I had a mid day flare up yesterday, but it quickly settled down! Please, Alex, talk to your doctor and be patient! It stinks that anti anxiety meds cause anxiety at the start up, but I'm so relieved that after 4.5 weeks I'm feeling 90% better! God bless You!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.