Morning Nausea?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last three months I've been suffering from nausea in the morning and moderate constipation. I recently took a small course of Lanzoprazole for a week or so due to being on holiday and eating and drinking more, the sickness went away during this time but not the constipation which makes me think the two are not connected. I stopped the Lanzoprazole three days ago and the nausea is back. I've suffered with acid reflux on and off for forty years but nausea in the morning is a new symptom for me so I'm wondering if this could be a build up of acid during the night and does it mean I will need a Laparoscopy?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mazzy

Do you have your bed raised as this helps with acid not reaching your throat overnight. Raise by about 4 inches, I use house bricks which work well.

Robin

• Posted

No I haven't tried this.....but would it stop me feeling nauseous in the morning because I think the acid is in my stomach not my throat?

• Posted

It could be the fact that the acid in your throat upsets your stomach which makes you feel as you do. Worth a try?

• Posted

If you eat late this can happen. I eat my main meal at lunch time. meds can make you constipated so take the liquid Yogurt ex. stoney field has a good drink. Eat a banana 1x a day, 1 tsp. honey 2x a day! no caffeine, carbonated drinks or alcohol! No pasta sauce for a while! I take a pepcid abt. 30 min. before my main meal. my last meal of the day is usually 1/2 sandwich. Drink water before bed, during the night (if you wake up) and first thing in the morning. I took PPI's and now off them and only use pepcid if I am having a tomato based lunch

I always order the sauce on the side and use very little. ELEVATE YOUR BED, I use 3 pillows. Keep stress at a minimum! massages 1x a week works wonders. It does get better. The upset stomach can come from constipation or silent reflux during the night.

• Posted

probably the fact you stopped your Lanzoprazole would give you acid and make you feel sick try taking it and see what happens you can buy medication for constipation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.