Morning nausea, also rib and back pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everybody, I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice about my health problems. For the past 4 months I've been feeling sick every morning, sometimes stretching into the afternoon as well. I went to my GP in December, she took bloods and I had a stools test for H Pylori - everything was fine. I had no pain at all back then but a week or so later I had pain in my left rib cage and back, also eventually also on the right side, the pain wasn't constant, I had it some days but not others. The daily nausea continued so in March I had an endoscopy which showed I have a small hiatus hernia and mild gastritis, a biopsy was taken but I've had no result of that yet (after 5 weeks!). I was told to continue taking esomeprazole which I've been taking for years for acid reflux. I still have the nausea, I can eat later in the day when the nausea eases but have lost about 16 lb altogether. I was given anti-nausea tablets but they don't work very well; I bought some travel sickness pills online which work better. I still have rib and back pain which comes and goes, and I feel bloated a lot of the time.

So while I wait to see if the biopsy shows anything of interest my query is could these symptoms be down to my small hiatus hernia or mild gastritis? My weight has stabilised as I'm eating more in the evenings, but I can't seem to put any more weight on. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat where the nausea is concerned, I still have it every morning. Does anyone have similar symptoms with either gastritis or hiatus hernia, especially this weird morning nausea (not pregnant, I'm 72!)? My apologies for such a long post but wanted to make sure I included everything.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.