Morning or night?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just wanted to see when people take their lexapro? My dr told me to take it at bedtime but the first two days, I took it during the day just to ensure that I wouldn't have an allergic reaction to it. I plan on taking it at bedtime tonight.. Another question that I have is, since my (and just about everyone else's) anxiety is so much worse in the morning, would taking it before bed time help ease my morning anxiety? Any help or lexapro tips would be appreciated! Please no negativity as I am already stuck in a vicious cycle of negative thinking!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megan, I've been on escitalopram nearly a year now, I started on 5mg then 10 and now currently 15mg and it wasn't til I'd taken 15mg for about 6 weeks that my anxiety completely went!

I always had morning anxiety and felt awful but gradually it will go!

What dose are you on?

Sue

• Posted

Same as that Megan, my anxiety terrible in morn, I on them now 12 weeks on 15 and doc put me up to 20 mg 4 weeks ago but I'm very anxious in morn but I'm hoping I feel better soon

• Posted

Forgot to say I take mine and always have in the morning, I didn't find taking at night made any difference!

Sue

• Posted

Hi Megan! I take mine at night. I love Lexapro, I hope you get good results. I've tried several different meds and Lexapro has always worked the best. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Did you have a decrease in your urine output? I am going MAYBE twice per day. I googled and it's one of the more rare side effects and I shoudl probably contact my dr but it's actually working for me mentally and I don't want to be taken off of it.

• Posted

I don't recall having that happen. Make sure you're still drinking lots of water and if it doesn't improve you could check with your doctor just to give you peace of mind.

• Posted

It's very early days for you and it can take up to 6 weeks for a dose to work and like I said before when it gets into your system properly your anxiety will go, it's a very good med.

good luck,

sue

• Posted

Did you have a decrease in your urine output? I am going MAYBE twice per day. I googled and it's one of the more rare side effects and I shoudl probably contact my dr but it's actually working for me mentally and I don't want to be taken off of it.

• Posted

Hi Megan, no I don't have decreased urine output so perhaps get it checked.

😊

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.