Morning or Night

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is my second time on citalopram. I used to take them around 4 everyday the first time...this time around I’ve been taking them at night..I feel bad again I’m hoping its just a blip...Week 7 starts tomorrow and I was just wondering if they would make me feel any better if I started taking them in the morning...

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I don't think it makes too much difference as it is so slow acting. I always take mine first thing in the morning as I found taking at night did not help the insomnia. You should start to have good days as well as bad ones soon and the side effects should start to reduce very soon. Stick with it. All sounds normal. Be easy on yourself. Mark

• Posted

Thank you mark I just can’t wait for it to start going away driving me nuts so glad that it sounds normal tho 
  • Posted

Hi, i think it depends how you feel, i take mine at night because about half an hour after ive taken them i feel so drousy and tired and i sleep well off them so i take them about half 9 at night. But if they are keeping you awake or something might be worth trying in the morning. However i think blips happen anytime you take them luckily i havent had one yet though and the morning anxiety has stopped!! 

Bethanie x

• Posted

It’s just the dizzyness feels like I’m drunk I don’t no how to explain it just that about half an hour after taking it I feel like a light headless dizzyness type of thing If you get me lol 
    • Posted

Yeah i get you smile id probably take them at night then your not having to go to work or anything whilst feeling dizzy. im still getting side effects after 5 weeks so dont worry about it not being normal. They should go for us both soon 
  • Posted

Do you get this as well then x
    • Posted

First week i was throwing up all the time couldnt eat crying constantly really bad thoughts the lot but then i increased to 20mg and since that ive just been really tired, like i nap through the day for a few hours and then have a good nights sleep but i do feel dizzy when im at work which is when im most anxious, i used to be terrified of fainting but now i just keep busy and i forget about it and it tends to go kind of like its in my head. Not saying this is the same for you but if it is just a side effect it will go soon if not cbt might help it helped me when i had it really bad 4 years ago, i got depersonalization a lot but since i had cbt its not happened
  • Posted

Yes I’m on a waiting list for cbt it’s taking for ever well feels like it thay only thing with me is this dizzyness like I’m swaying that’s best way to explain it x
    • Posted

Yeah i remember being on a really long waiting list too, i went private in the end. Maybe if you take it right before u go to sleep u might sleep through the worst of it? Or does it seem to be all the time?
  • Posted

Only when I take the tablet about half an hour or so after it then it last for a bit then goes then comes back I just  don’t no if it cause I no I took the tablet or because it’s realky happening so Yh I’m hopein that the worse will be when I’m a sleep fingers crossed x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.