Morning Shakes

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on Cit since April 17th. Started small and just worked up to 20mg this past weekend. I have noticed when I wake up that I feel quite shaky for the first couple of minutes.

I'm wondering if this is a side effect to upping my dose or if this means 20mg is to strong for me?

Staci

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi staci,

As you have just upped your dose, I'd say it's related. The side effects manifest as we increase the doses and start adjusting to them. Give it a while, and maybe try to record the days you are affected. Then you can look back next week or so, and see if anything has changed. If not, then think about going back to your doctor.

For now, take care and stick with it.

• Posted

Had the shakes for two months. Mostly gone. On 20mg for 4 months
  • Posted

Hi Staci after 8 weeks on Cita i have tremors too sometimes I drop things if dont have a good grip on them, this happens all day although I kinda dont worry about it. 

It could be the dosage maybe if its still happening after a few weeks see your doc however it definately is a side effect. hope that helps smile

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's so comforting to know that others have experienced these same symptoms. I see my psych in about 10 days. Hopefully I'll be more settled by then.
  • Posted

Morning Staci,

It is just side effects, which I found I did everytime I increased (Now reducing from 40mg), but they do lessen as your body and mind get ued to it. 

Now as I reduce I expect to get some side effecs, possibly, withdrawl even though I am reducing very, very slowly and gradually under the supervision of my (probably the best in the world re "sticking plasters for the brain") Doctor.

After 9 months since I began and climbed to 40mg, with my Dr's, the support of my Ann and the angels here on this site I am prepared for either on the way down!

I can just go with the flow, but with both hands on the oars this time!

Bon Chance! Keep posting,eep asking and we'll keep supporting you and keep you company on your journey!

If I have not said this before "Welcome to the Club!"

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.