Morning Sickness - Male

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi people, almost every morning I've always woken up feeling sick till I've had something to eat(thought everyone felt this way. In the past few months if I get up extremely early - Around 7 am for me, I have to sit up and bring air up, if I lay on my side it feels like the air builds up till I sit up right and bring it up, this is accompanied by the nausea of course. 

I have been sick a few times with blood also, I've shown 3 doctors the picture of it, one of them in ER, he was relieved by it as the other doctors were but noone could diagnose me - the first doctor said it was unusual for someone to feel sick every morning, another mentioned acid reflux etc. 

Oh and this morning I had halve a protein shake, some scrambled egg, like 4 forkfuls and had to run to the bathroom shortly after it. 

I have an EDG this Thursday. Just looking for ideas of what it could be, if this is the wrong forum please feel free to move and apologies.

I do always start to feel better around 10am. Like nothing had happened before. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Probly GERD, gastritis with acid reflux irritating your esophagus in turn why u get a little blood. No definitive test yet ha.
    • Posted

I had really heartburn till I started sleeping with two pillows 'cured it for me I'd say'.. Will the endoscopy be able to show anything for acid reflux? if it is causing it?.

I had bloods taken back in July and everything came back fine, but yet again I've got to get them taken on Thursday also. 

Umm I forgot to mention I've been tested for H.poly too. 

• Posted

Well H pylori blood not that accurate anyway when they do your upper they will take biopsies and know a lot. And yes an upper GI will show if there's any irritation to your esophagus and a lot more
  • Posted

Ah yes my mistake it was a stool sample for that test, bloods were taken as a precaution, all doctors I've seen turn to blood for results lol. 

Hmm well that is good news, I hope I get some results for this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.