Morning stiffness

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on prednisone for 16 months now. I started with 40 mg. 2 months after being diagnosed with pmr I became very sick and after temporal artery biopsies, was diagnosed with gca. Prednisone was increased to 60 mg. That was 13 months ago. I am now down to 9 mg. Can anyone tell me if the morning stiffness ever goes away. My legs seem to be affected mostly these days. I do feel so much better except for the morning stiffness. Thanks in advance for any replies.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You'll get more replies if you try the website HealthUnlocked, the PMRGCAuk community. This forum is no longer very active owing to some ill-advised tech changes a couple of years ago.

• Edited

hi I'm new to the group, Iwas first diagnosed with g c a but later found out by my Rheumatologist it was pmg that was 4yrs ago and struggling to manage it still. I find exercise quite difficult at the moment and am getting a lot of pain at night and I'm wondering if its aflare up ,any advice would be appreciated.

• Posted

Try googling HealthUnlocked for a community, PMRGCAuk, which is more active than this one. I tried to private message you but figure out how to do that any more.

• Edited

im on 6 1/2 pred after 4 1/2 years pmr. my morning stiffness never goes away, never did, even at starting dose of 20 mg. im just one of the ones who are never pain free; i tell everyone im not a morning person; i dont make morning appointments.

• Posted

The morning problems do persist for many - sometimes the antiinflammatory effect of pred doesn't last the full 24 hours until the next dose is due. You could try taking pred at 2am - the ideal time for preventing morning stiffness a study found, or splitting the dose, 2/3 in the morning and the rest later enough in the day to extend the effect to 24 hours.

Also as you reduce the GCA dose which is enough to combat PMR symptoms, you may find the PMR that can be part of GCA also reemerges.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.