Morning struggle!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, haven’t been on here for a little while. 

I’m currently entering month 7 of GF. Wondered if anyone else is/has experiencing the same...

Every morning when I wake up it literally feels as if I’ve been hit by a bus, my body aches SO much. Once up and dressed it eases off a little... 

although, Today I feel like I’ve ran a marathon- my legs ache so much, but yet I haven’t done anything!

Also my glands under my jaw are still huge, and in my neck.  After eating, my glands under my jaw are so painful it’s even uncomfortable to talk! Did anyone else experience this?

Thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey, yeah, I'm 13 months in and my lymph nodes still hurt a lot. It's very slowly getting better.

• Posted

I went through the same thing for a while. I felt terrible in the morning and better in the afternoon. I was also around 7 or 8 months at the time. Rest as much as you can. I had to work through this illness. I have suffered greatly because not a lot of time off.
  • Posted

My glands were only enlarged for a couple of weeks but I have been experiencing the aches you describe. This is month 5 for me and I’m currently lying in bed with my legs feeling like lead, it’s horrible.
  • Posted

It is almost a year for me. Lymph nodes hurt so much under the jaw. And lingual tonsils hurt when I swollow food. I have on and off pain inside the throat, it isalways red and inflamed. Today my gums hurt too. They are receding too and I am young for that. I’m so depressed as I don’t know if this is mono. 

Have you all had the mono test? If yes when? I had the EBV test a week ago and found out that I had the virusin the past.  but it’s not the same as Mono test, isn’t it? I had the Mono test last year and  it was negative. 

• Posted

Hey Christine just want to reach out and tell you that my tests also showed past mono but my symptoms are all very comparative with EBV mono. It’s 5 months for me.. so depressing and stressful when you haven’t had a confirmed diagnosis of active mono sad 

Hugs. 

I also had gum pain ps

• Posted

Do you mind if I ask you how old you are? I cannot believe how my body gets weaker. I cannot take care of my child who wants my attention all the time. For I year he asks me if I’m sick. This is hard not only me but my family too. 

I don’t get the difference between ebv and mono test...

I am going to see a periodontist in 2 days for painful sore gums. I developed more cavities in 1 year than in all my life. 

Take care, I hope to hear good news soon from you and other. If not we can still vent and encourage each other

• Posted

Hi Christine I am 26.. 

EBV is the name of the virus, mono is just the collection of symptoms .. or name for all the symptoms. So EBV causes mono (the symptoms). 

Mono can also be caused by other viruses, one of them bring CMV. 

Hope that helps. 

• Posted

The mornings are rough. I start to feel better after lunch. I'm almost at month 5. Very up and down. Mostly down. 

• Posted

Similar to everyone here, mornings are very rough and I still require lots of sleep. I don’t start my day until 1-2 pm and feel my best in the evenings. I’m 5 months in. 
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

Yes I remember feeling this way in the mornings when going through the virus, I think this definitely is normal for the virus, I constantly felt like I had been doing heavy exercise in my muscles / joints even though I hadn't! Just want to reassure you that after 7 months I as feeling the same but by 10 months I really started to make progress towards a full recovery. I do believe you have been through the worst of this Kelly even though still having these symptoms at the moment - I had a bad lapse about 8-9 months with joint pain and muscle aches, but it actually proved to be the start of recovery looking back, as if it was one final push before my body finally got the virus under control. I also had the sore lymph nodes in my neck, this does go away too, hang in there Kelly you WILL get there even though it's taken time.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Kelly! Geez I could have written this. My worst symptom is morning fatigue/muscle pain weakness and numbness. It’s always so bad when I wake up! I’ve gone nuts thinking I have fibromyalgia or CFS or MS.  It does ease a bit as I get up but it still lingers throughout the day. 

It’s like sleeping activates it. 

Im at 8.5 months. I luckily have not had gland problems. Just fatigue and muscle pain and sometimes that horrible flu feeling. 

• Posted

Hi Lisa!

Yep, me too! I was convinced for ages I have MS! it’s so reassuring to hear other people are experiencing the same. 

For a month or two I really struggled with health anxiety, thankfully I’m much more relaxed about new ‘aches and pains’ now!

Feels like a bloody lifetime this illness! Can’t wait to see the back of it!!

Thanks all for replying!😊

• Posted

Thank god the anxiety went away! I was telling my mom that was the scariest part. Like an alien took over my body. 

I’m right there with you. I can’t wait for this to be gone!! I did walk 14 city blocks a few days ago and didn’t keel over so, progress? smile

Cheers to being over the hump and seeing some major improvements in the coming months! 

• Posted

I’m one month in and completely in the thick of the symptoms. I definitely feel much worse in the morning and my eyes are so so puffy and swollen. 

I’d like to ask how your symptoms progressed.. like what did you notice first and how long before initial symptoms began to settle?

• Posted

There with you too Lisa and Holly....hang in there guys better times are ahead for you both I totally believe that, may not seem that way now but when this is through you will be even stronger than you were before and feel liberated.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.