Morning vs evening

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, im on 5mg Amlodipine and 5mg Ramipril and wanted to find out from anyone if they have been taking their meds in the morning and then changing that to evenings? Any difference?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take Ramipril in the morning. I am also on Felodipine which is close to Amlodipine in the evening as it makes me need to use the toilet more so would rather get up in the night than be going all day!
  • Posted

Hi Moniika09,

I have been on both for quite some time now. My GP told me, when first prescribed, to keep taking the Ramipril at night before I turn in for the night but that the Amlodipine should not be taken with it because essentially they both do the same thing t you. Instead, I take my Amlodipine after lunch at about 2pm and this gives the system a 'boost' during the day before taking the Ramipril in the evening. This combination has worked for me for a long time now.

• Posted

I take 10mg of Amlodopine each morning, without noticeable side effects. But I know I'm lucky in that regard. However, I stopped taking my 60mg of statins a month ago and feel better for it. I need a cholesterol test though! I strongly recommend everyone to read 'Too Many Pills' by James Le Fanu.

He is a British doctor and medical correspondent and writes very well. You'll probably dump the tablets when you're through. 

• Posted

Hi,

I take 4mg Perindoprol in the morning first thing as was told this was to be taken before food and then take 5mg Amlodopine after breakfast as you can take this with or without food. Also take 10mg of Statin in the evening. Seems to work for me and have had no side affects whatsoever . But reading other comments on side affects know I am lucky. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.