MORNINGS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I don't sleep most nights and I just lay there till morning with my eyes shut but I never feel right I don't know if it's the lack of sleep having to get up to think another day of the same thing..I notice my heart palpations has calm down nothing else I'm 16 months with out period I find sometimes I don't know what to do with myself and my mind goes on how I'm feeling like its in the back of it to remind me about myself..I go and about doing my darling stuff but when I'm doors I find myself hard to relax especially in the day because the mind races thinking crap...I don't know if anyone else is like this I find it hard to laugh I so want to go and see my neighbour but they I go again if this if that but I have to try I'm fed not mixing people I know people that been through it say push through it I'm trying hard sometimes wonder if the mind comes back normal I'm so hoping for all our sakes my sister say it will stop it will be the thing of the past and that gives me hope,how you know when it's over do you wake up you again does it all subside at once or does it each symptom go one by one I shall never know..I was told not to think about it.. I try doing everything I can wether you eat well or not meno will do it thing must be ending with this Anxiety business I think that bothers me most my Dr thinks it stops me from sleeping is this true anyone knows thanks for listening.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm in what I guess is my 6th year of peri, I feel the same as you, from conversations I've had with other ladies on here it's normal but it certainly doesn't feel normal to me.

Sorry I don't have the answers but you aren't alone in how you feel. I really hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Maria,

It all must be peri menopause, I'm the same way for the most part... I worry a lot that this is how life is from now on, and I worry about so many other things as well.. I also try and just push on and go about my day, finding things to do for the day , since its the weekend, go to store get things I need for the week that sort of stuff.. Throw some laundry in, clean up a bit, make my foods.. And I don't mingle or mix with people either, its like I don't want to be in anyone's company, but yet don't want to be alone.. Its a weird transition. I also don't sleep very well, but it doesn't bother me at all, I'm pretty use to it, and will just take a nap during the day if needed, but I get up a lot to sip my bottle of water because of very dry mouth, and then I pee a lot, so off to the bathroom I go.. And I usually fall back asleep, and then about 3 4 or 5 am I'm awake and I get on my phone check out different things, then up I am starting my day, because I just can't lay there any longer ha, it's a cycle like ground hog day ... Well also just wanted to say my aunt always told me,( who had it very bad) that as quick as symptoms came on for her they went away just as quick, and they were at their worst for her for about 1.5 to 2 years .. So hang in there Maria, and keep checking in with all of us , who are all definitely going through the same as you.. you aren't alone ?

• Posted

Hi gipsy, yes I got the bad dry mouth too,I just go to bed and lay there that's all I can do..at least your getting some sleep though I'm hoping tonight I will get some, I'm here on FB then I will cook, my mind is always searching for the worst..I come on here sometimes to see you all, yes we have to push on with it all nothing else we can do,I have a appointment so I take my phone and scroll FB to get me through that, your like me and the phone, sometimes you don't realise when a symptom gone strange just disappear wish Anixety will lift like most do on here we will all be laughing hot flashes that I can get through I'm trying to hang on.

• Posted

Yes maria its like you don't quite know what to do with yourself, this is a crazy time of life just awful!!! I don't leave or go very far , in and out of small local stores, don't like the big stores too much anxiety.. I just finished mopping floors and dusting and showering now I'm going to cook also n but not until my anxiety lifts right at this moment I'm nervous shaky and need to eat my first meal of the day. Anxiety I'm hoping will not stay with me all day long , should feel better a little bit after eating.. But I feel everything your feeling too..

• Posted

Hi Gypsy, how bad your dry mouth,mine is very bad and like you drink a lot of water and chewing gum..I go out far as I could push myself, take walks the summer can make you worst but you have to get through that too..I don't shake to much only if I think up stupid things in my head,I have a friend that went through this and she's a lot better now gone back sleeping and getting around and doing stuff makes me jealous Lol but when she was in the late stages I was in the early stages but she is supporting me a lot and my neighbour that went through this many years ago as they say it's not for ever,if you watch the news your heart goes Lol I pay it no mind I just finish cook and hear watching TV are you in the Uk or USA

• Posted

My mouth is really dry, and my eyes are just as dry, when I wake many times in the middle of night I have to get some water in my mouth to get it un stuck lol not good.. And then I make it to the bathroom sink to splash water on my eyes to get them un stuck not good either... And I have astigmatism in both eyes so all I can say is with the menopause I'm a mess... Eyes are so blurry now need my glasses to see anything, and years ago I had the lasik surgery on my eyes to fix eyesight and my astigmatism, and eyes were great for years, and once I reached 40, they got bad all over again and worse now because now I need the readers so near and far and astigmatism and dry mouth and dry eyes ugggh!!!!! And it seems to be worse at dusk and at night and during rain or snowy weather.. But with my glasses on good for the most part... I'm in the USA Chicago, where are you at?

• Posted

And I wish I could take something but I can't BHRT, because the breast and uterine cancer runs in the family, but I'm sure some of this stuff could help ease the dryness and some of the other symptoms.. But since I can't take anything I just need to wait it all out...

• Posted

Hi Gypsy, I scared of taking HRT or BHRT I'm like you waiting it out..my cousin can't believe she don't get nothing scary lucky her and I hope even when her periods finish she will still have nothing better hormones then mine Lol.. Never mind hormones have to settle down one day and we will be laughing 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.