Mornings are the worst

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is my 3rd time on CIT in 8 years and it has only been 5days but omg the mornings are so severe and can't recall having so many intrusive thoughts all at the same time. Have any of you experienced this before and how long does it last. I did have them the last but not as intense

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steven

I experienced similar symptoms when I returned to Citalopram after a year's gap. My depression had been more severe and so the anxiety triggered by the drug was also worse. This lasted for about 3 or 4 weeks and then secured when I raised the dose from 10mg to 20 mg. I have now been on the medication for almost 6 months and am feeling a lot better with no anxiety. I use yoga and meditation to manage intrusive thoughts. I'm almost sure it will improve for you too.

Jill

• Posted

Its good to know im not the only one who has experienced this.... Thank you.

• Posted

Ive been on them for over four months and my mornings are still hard. I have to take xanax to help. My intrusive thoughts still come and go. This is my first time on them. I was on 20mg for five weeks, 30mg for 10 weeks, and reduced down to 25mg a week ago to see if the side effects would lessen. Its hard to tell bc we are currently on vacation which always makes my anxiety worse. I also moved my meds to the night to see if it will help my mornings. I feel a smidge better doing both of those things, but its 11am where I am and have already taken my xanax and am still shaky! I take for anxiety which is way worse since starting the meds. The whole experience is very frustrating and I expected to be over all of this med induced side effects by now. But, here I am trying to give it more time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.