Morphine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on morphine for pain relief? I'm currently going round the twist in agony as nothing seems to kill the constant pain I'm in. Ive tried all sorts of prescribed medication and currently on 6 sulphasalazine a day as well as amitryptaline, gabapentin, Co codamol, dihydrocodine and etoricoxib. Nothing gets rid of it even for any part of the day. I recently went to my GP and they recommended I should give morphine a try for pain relief. I'm curious if anyone out there has any experience of this and if it works on any level for our condition.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jay.. I haven't taken morphine. I only take codeine if I'm struggling. Have you spoken to your rheumatologist team. I would say that you may need a review in your meds

• Posted

I have only used morphine once after surgery and had a sensitivity to it am not allowed to use it anymore. Sorry I couldn't help much. But I will say those few hours I did use it my pain was minor. I do know it's addicting. I don't what state you live but a friend of mine in Colorado says marijuana helps with her pain. It's not legal in Texas unfortunately. 

• Posted

Hi Jay why are you not on biological drugs if non of the ones you mentioned are not working you are in need of them I had all those drugs non of them worked I have been on biological drugs for ten years it will change your life !! you shouldn't have to be in so much pain good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.