Morten Neuroma

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but i had my Morten Neuroma out on 17th December and was shown it was a large one. The question I need to ask those who have had theirs removed is has anyone had a problem with healing, mine has healed really well except the top part by my toes it keeps weeping and is sore, it's only a small bit that hasn't healed I'm not sure if I should phone the hospital as its been nearly 6 weeks since I had it done.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It is really only past 4 weeks you have had it done.  The first neuroma I had out was still red and the incision not properly healed at 6 weeks.  Maybe see your nurse or GP?  Probably just needs a few more weeks.  Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Elaine thanks for your quick reply I am a bit worried as we are off to India in 4 weeks and worried about infection, but think I'll do as you suggested and see our nurse practitioner. Thanks again 

Pam

• Posted

I had my MN removed March of 2010 amd opted to

Wait to do the right foot later. The doctor that did it also shaved down (as he stated) and removed and straighten a bunion on my big toe as well. He butchered my foot. He left the stitches into long. I ended up taking most of them out Til I got to my podiatrist and he removed the ones that he been ingrown deep into my foot. It left me in severe pain. I was put on dilaudud and he tried to help the best he could but eventually referred me out to a pain doctores who used me as a Guinea pig. Oh my new diagnosis is RSD. After four docs I found one I thought was a lifesaver! He got me on the right dosage of pain Meds and was injecting lidocaine directly in my foot. It swelled to five times the normal size! He never touched it again and drugged me up the next four years! Fast forward to now.....I have been seeing the new pain dr for 15 months. I am on the tail end of getting off the methadone. And completely off the Morpheine. I have had three epidural blocks in my back to break the Nuero pathways to my foot. Hasn't worked! My MN has come back and it must be big bcuz it's a huge bump! Not sure what I'm going to do next bcuz I fell and hurt my wrist and neck and have been dealing with that now.... Tore the tendons in my wrist and have a bulging disc in my necksad. Oh I forgot to mention the dr that removed the MN first severed some nerves in my foot they cause no feeling in the third and fourth toe but severe pain at the base of them and under the foot. My older sister suffers from the same thing. She's had ten surgeries total over ten years she 53 and now in a wheel chairsad. I'm so beside myself because I can't walk too far without feeling crippled. I no longer can work.

• Posted

Hi Darcy sorry to hear about your problems, my podiatrist told me before he operated that I would have two numb toes after surgery and I can live with that as I'm now pain free, I had a brain tumour removed 4 years ago and half of your head is numb after surgery but again I'm pain free so I can't complain. It's such a shame you're still in pain I hope they can sort it out for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.