Mortons Neuroma

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, Well I had my opp 3 weeks ago to remove two Mortons neuromas, at the moment my foot is still quite sore but I think it is getting better each day. I am back walking the dogs but have not driven yet. I just hope it will be as successful as my other foot has been. Love to all.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, So glad your op went ok.  I too had a MN in my right foot removed 7 years ago and just waiting to have 2 removed in my left foot!  I am on a 12 week waiting list.  Iwill be interested to hear how you feel in a wee while as they told me that if you get 2 removed from same foot you will have no feeling in the middle toe.  Are you aware of that yet?  Just wondered what that was like!  Wish you a speedy recovery.  Best wishes too.
    • Posted

Hi Elaine, Yes I am aware of no feeling in one of my toes, I think it will take a bit of getting used to. Also my pad right under all my toes is numb but I am hoping it will come back soon. I will keep you informed and good luck with your op. Make sure you get plenty of rest as I am sure that makes a difference. xx
  • Posted

Hi.  Thanks for that.  Well I don't believe it but my op appointment letter came through today for 8th May!  I suppose a numb feeling is much better than a painful foot for you.  The last time I was off work for 4 weeks but the nurse this time said 6-8wks.  Hope you are  taking it easy.  What footwear are you using?  Last time I lived in footbed type shoes after the op.  Right now I am living in Crocs!  They are the only shoes that are remotely comfy.  Take care and not too much walking and maybe hear from you in a wee while xx
    • Posted

Hi, I came home in a hospital boot which I wore for the first week. I was told to wear trainers but have found them to uncomfortable at the moment. I have ordered some Crocs and they will be here tom. Still don't fancy driving yet although I was told that I could. Maybe next week. Good luck! xx
  • Posted

Hi, yes I remember the blue boot!  Did you have your op from the top of foot?  Think they just do that now and my last one was and so is this to be.  I find trainers uncomfortable.  Hope you like the Crocs.  I went to an outlet and got them cheap, I also have fur lined ones and never been off since December.  Think I should be a rep for Crocs!  So good to talk to someone who is in exactly the same position and has been through the second op too and all looks positive!  Is it a horrible numb feeling or just strange?  I suppose you will get used to it.  The orthopaedic person said that some people could not tolerate it!  Would you maybe have to be careful of hurting it for example (if you can't feel it?). Go easy and the worst is behind you. xx
    • Posted

Hi, Yes they went in from the top of the foot as doing it the other way would take a lot longer to heal. The numbness felt horrible at first but now it just feels strange, I am sure I will get use to it eventualy, hope so anyway. My foot does ache a lot after I have been for a walk or stood in the kitchen cooking, but then I just put it up for a while and it is ok. Funny some day's are better than others and I dont know why that is. But like I said get plenty of rest the first two weeks, I didn't and have paid for it. The problem was the first 2 days it was completly numb so I was running around on it doing to much. When I went back to the Hospital the Doctor knew right away that I had not rested it enough as it was bruised all over. So please listen to what they say and rest rest rest! Take care will be thinking about you.xx
  • Posted

Hi, it is tempting to do too much when you are numbed up and don't feel the pain.if you rest it from now on it should be ok.though.  Hope you like the Crocs and they suit your feet.  I also have had plantar fasciitis in this sore foot for nearly two years and had insoles for that.  The insoles helped until last October when I started to notice the MN pain again, although I have had it for a few years, it wasn't too sore-the Plantar fasciitis was actually worse then.  The MN pain started last October and it got really

bad.  I tried steroid injections in December but that didn't help.  Did you have the same pain both times for the MN?  I didnt. The last time it was pain like nerve pain in the sole of my foot like walking  on pebbles but this time it is like nerve pain in the toes and tingling.  Was it a podiatrist who did the op?  I think it will be for me.  The surgeon who did my last one is retired.  Take it easy and rest up and when the bruising goes down you will feel much better.  Xx

• Posted

Hi, Yes it was a Mr Tagoe who did my op the same as last time he is a podiatrist and runs a clinic at the West middx hospital. I also had insoles and an injection but nothing helped. I think the pain was worse this time with the MN maybe because because there were two? Cannot wait to get my crocs today hope they will be ok. Take care. xx
  • Posted

Hi, Yes I was thinking that it may be worse with two removed.  Did they say it would take longer to recover from?  Las time I think I was just off work for four weeks.  I had a painkiller or anaesthetic injected into my foot so that when I came round from the op it wouldn't be too painful.  I also took diclofenac tablets for pain but found that I could not sit out in the sun as they made me I'll.  I live in Edinburgh and will get op at St John's Livingston.  How were the Crocs?  How are you doing?
    • Posted

Hi Elaine,

Yes they did say it would take longer this time. The first two day's were fine with Anaesthetic block they put in. I have been to the park twice today with the dog's and also driven over to my son's house about 6 miles and back. Boy do I know it! it is really sore and itchy at the moment,I keep rubbing oil into it as it feels taut (Tight) as though it is pulling. I know it will get better each day. Pity you dont live closer as I would help you when you have your opp. I live in London but it is so nice to be in touch with you. Love Chris. xxx

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Aw - that's so kind of you!  Do  you work?  If so how long were you off last time and how long have they said this time?  I was off for four weeks last time but they said 6-8 weeks after the 2 neuromas this time.  I am an Early Years Practitioner with SN kids so am on my feet all day.....

How were the Crocs?  Well done driving.  I will really miss swimming- my daughter and I swim 1 km every Sunday.  Only exercise I take.

The tightening will be everything knitting back together and a good sign.

Good to hear positives though - sometimes sites like this are last resorts and you only get to hear from people who have had bad experiences.

Take care and sure all will return to normal xxx

• Posted

Hi Elaine, Last time I worked in care home so I was off for 4 weeks. I am now retired so not a problem for me. But I would think 8 weeks for you, just don't rush back untill you are really sure. The crocs are great so much so that I have ordered another pair, I think I will be wearing them all summer. I was told to bend all my toes backwards untill I could no longer stand the pain, I have been doing this everyday on and off, also to rub plenty of cream or oil onto the top of my foot, and press down on it while I am doing this. It does ache afterwards but I think that is normal.Take care. xxx
  • Posted

Morning Chris,

Glad you like the crocs.  I have fur lined ones and 2 pairs summer ones.  I hope to retire early after 3 years.  The exercises sound horrendous!  I didn't get any to do last time.  Glad they are helping though.  Take care.  Will let you know how I get on after op on May 8th.  Away to Madeira in April but probably won't be able to walk far and miss out on all the levado walks we like.  Let me know how you get on when it is healed more.  Love from Elaine xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.