Mortons Neuroma

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Hope people can help!

I had a debridement of my hallux last April and then a fusion of the big toe in June. Since then I have been experiencing burning under my foot. I was diagnosed with mortons neuroma. I had this injected into 3 weeks ago. Saw my surgeon and told him that since the injection, the burning continues and the other pain I was getting around the fusion has started again. He has suggested cutting the neuroma out (nerve) anyone experienced this? How was the surgery and recovery?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi joanne ive had operation for mortons neuroma 5 months ago and still suffering from pain under my foot. I have heard some successful stories and that it can take up to a year after op before back to normal so trying to stay positive. The operation itself wasnt to painful but you have to keep foot elevated for 2 weeks, i was able to put trainers on after stitches were out. Have to wear gel pad under operated foot for walking. Seeing consultant tomorrow so il see what he says. You could try a podiatrist for insoles which does help but is expensive. Hope everything goes well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.