Most effective anxiety meds?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had lorazepam 1mg- no effect. I've had diazepam 2mg- no effect. I've had enough. What meds are you on? Do you feel an effect? Haven't got out of bed for 3 days because of the constant light headed feeling. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take 100mg sertraline for 5 weeks now and still don't feel right I also been given diazepam 2mg twice daily when needed and I need it twice daily and sometimes more. 
  • Posted

Weeasy, Perhaps go back to your GP, there are so many different types of anxiety ( GAD, health etc etc ) and some work in different ways to help relax you.

We are all different and we all need the right medication and care plans for us as individuals. There is no right or wrong amount to be on or right or wrong way to be treated. Your gp can guide you on how to taper up or down on your meds

• Posted

I take hydroxyzine. I can take it up to 4 times a day whenever I have high anxiety or a panick attack. It works like a dream. It calms me almost instantly. I also take fluoxetine one pill every morning. I feel like it works too. But different meds work for different people. I've tried lorazepam too and I felt nothing as well. 
  • Posted

I note from another forum link that you will not be able to drive if you are using Diazapam from early 2015 ( not sure date ). Has anyone else heard this ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.