Mostly Just Need to Let Out My Feelings....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello~ I was diagnosed with endometriosis three years ago. At the time I knew nothing about it and basically just let the doctor do what he thought was right. After surgery they prescribed birth control which left me an emotional and physical wreak, worse than the endo symptoms. I gave it up after a month cause I had lost so much weight and just didn't want to live miserable any longer. After six months the cysts were back again. I decided to go the natural route and kept it up for a year, but life problems made my stress level go really high. Recently the pain has become almost unbearable and I've been having chest pain and trouble walking. Got examined and the cysts are already the size they were three years ago. It's difficult to even go on a short vacation, much less work a real job and I'm still only in my mid twenties. It feels pathetic constantly whining about the pain and emotional problems. It's hard to keep up a decent friendship with my hormones all over the place like this. The amusing part is everything I read about says my libido should be nothing but that's the only thing I don't have a problem with, but then I don't have any use for it anyway. It's just so exhausting, especially the emotional aspect...how do you live like this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky

You're having a rough go. You've definitely found the right place to vent. Whenever you need us, we're here.

Aitarg

• Posted

Hi Becky.

As the other comment said you are most certainly your in the right place to vent. Can I just start by saying you are most definitely not alone in this. I have also beeeen diagnosed with endometriosis quite a few years ago now. I'm almost 29, few weeks away and have the same ongoing issue. I have had surgery twice and now trying for a baby for 3 years with my partner is becoming very difficult.

There is no cure for this sadly! No amount of surgery or medication will get rid of it. This was explained to me in a consultation with a gynaecologist several years

• Posted

HI Becky

Firstly, like mentioned in the other comment you are most certainly In the right place for a vent and support.

Can I just start by saying you also are not alone. It's not common illness sadly many women have. I was also diagnosed several years ago with endometriosis and have too suffered real bad with Itt. Unfortunately there Is no known cure for this. There are however treatments and surgery that can help somewhat but there is always that chance of it returning. I have had surgery twice and have recently had all the symptoms back but worse. I haven't been back to the drs yet having receently h

• Posted

Argh really sorry I think my phone has a glitch!! I'm just tying to say please vent away and know you have support here!! Anytime day or night! We are all here for the same reason and I can sympathise completely with you.

Take care of yourself

Sonia x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.