motability cars

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

I'm a newbee and this is my first question and would be grateful for any replies,

Can somebody who is in receipt of a mobility car legally let another person who is a named driver on the mobility agreement use the car for there own purposes of getting to and fro there place of full time employment even though they are registered as there carer

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Based on the published guidance I'd say no smile
  • Posted

This use breaks the signed Statement of Responsibilities, at 1 and 2. The car will only be used for the benefit of the disabled customer and The car will be kept at the address provided.

Have phun wink

• Posted

Motability states if another named driver is accepted under their insurance, depending on the age of the individual they may also use the vehicle for the purposes of the person in receipt of Mobility Allowance.

This does not permit the other named driver to use it for their own use to a place of their employment. This is a violation of the terms of agreement that you sign upon accepting the vehicle.

• Posted

according to the agreement rules it would be NO ,BUT if that person driving that car is earning a wage to up hold the household income then i would use that as my arguement, also if that person was at work and you needed them obviously it's quicker to get back to you in a car than walking or pulic transport
    • Posted

The following paragraph does not state a named driver can use the vehicle for driving to their place of employment, which would probably break Motabilities Terms & Conditions. You certainly would not be covered by the RSA Insurance if involved in an accident, if you stated you were going to work in a Motability vehicle for a person that receives Motability Allowance! rolleyes

"The car is used by, or for the benefit of, the disabled person. This does not mean that the disabled person needs to be in the car for every journey. In practice, this means other named drivers in the household can use the car for shopping and other routine activities, as long as the disabled customer will benefit"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.