Mother had stent fitted - still feels slight chest pain and feels unwell

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi there, 

My mother had a stent fitted at the end of March.

She kept having funny turns and feeling a slight ache in her chest.

After further angiogram at St Thomas's london, they fitted a second stent.

She is still feeling a little unwell. She keeps having funny turns - coming over feeling slightly dizzy.  She's getting a bit of an uncomfortableness in her chest, its not pain.

She's since been back to A&E and the cardio team have cofirmed her heart is fine and triponin levels are all fine.

Has anyone experience feeling quite unwell since having stent fitted etc.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i had a stent fitted six months ago, during the first six weeks there were episodes of aches in my chest, but looking back it was probably due to doing too much too soon, even now hurrying with heavy bags is a no no.  Providing you she is being told there is nothing wrong, maybe she is expecting too much and needs to take it easy for a bit longer,  Hope she is well soon 
    • Posted

thank you Christine.

Yes, you're probably right - she wont' feel 100% straight away!

I also think she's getting a lot of anxiety around the whole situation which does not help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.