Mother of the Bride anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi lovely ladies. Help needed please. My daughter is getting married this weekend and this is one event I can't get out of!  I've got the dress, shoes, handbag and hat. But what I haven't got is me, the calm, organised confident me that I used to be. I'm excited but soooo nervous and anxious.  It's away from home so not able to retreat to place of comfort. I'm suffering from the hot flashes and my hands are so cold and clammy I'm dreading having to shake hands with the other guests.

I'm trying to be brave for my daughter but I'm wishing it was all over when I should be looking forward to it.

Any tips please for getting through the day.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Maisie, I prayed for you today. I hope that all is going well smile

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your good wishes and advice. The day was perfect, the bride beautiful and I enjoyed it immensely. The fan was especially welcome in a stifling hotel bedroom Looloo, thanks. xx
    • Posted

You're welcome hun! glad you had a great day.  out of interest did paracetomol help at all with control of hot flashes while you were away? xx

• Posted

Hi Looloo, well I did take paracetamol but I was so hot the whole time it was difficult to tell but I don't recall any major hot sweats. I felt a bit manic at times when liitle things went awry, ( I forgot my 6 year old grandaughters flower girl shoes and hubby had to do a 90 minute round trip to go home for them!). And  brides baby daughter had a dirty nappy incident over her dress! But all in all we can laugh about it now and we all had a great day! The prosecco helped! xx

• Posted

Perhaps the paracetomol did help a little then if you didnt have any major hot sweats in addition to a couple of stressful incidents!!! when i read your post i thought "oh no!!!" when i read the bit about your daughters dress incident with the nappy!!  its great you can see the funny side of it all now, but i bet it was a 'mare at the time!! a glass of red wine is my stress reliever (but only on a saturday evening!!) xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.