Motivation - a quick (but safe boost)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've posted on this website that I've experienced burnout. I've had little success with SSRIs and was wondering if anyone had experience of a medication that has nothing to do with any of current or past ADs but allows sufferers to pull themselves out of chronic lethargy before money stops coming in!!!!

Just a thought in case anyone had similar experience or solutions. Not a big believer in drugs but sometimes may be the only option (for short term)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi david

try 5htp it's boots seratonin and also some vitamin B12 which helps with lethargy, they are available in most health food stores. Hope this is helpfull to you 

• Posted

See my reply to your other post. Do not waste time looking for some "new" miracle medicine. The wide range of anti-depressants ought to enable you and your GP to find the one that works for you.
  • Posted

A small dose of Ritalin each day would pull you out of chronic lethargy.  This is something you would have to discuss with a doctor.  The lift you get from it could be hard to manage.  If your doctor doesn't think it is a good idea, it probably isn't.  Are you still working that job you have stressed over so badly?  Getting away from that environment and being good to yourself for awhile before you find other employment, might be all you need to get you back to a good place emotionally.
    • Posted

Thatnks for the replies everyone. I'm not working at present - combination of poor motivation and a poor market in the field I work in. I think the Ritalin sounds like a good idea for a short period although I am fairly certain my doctor would not agree. I think a discussion with my GP won't do any harm but maybe it's a case of listening to my body and resting until things come back naturally. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.