Motorcycle accident

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, I had an accident in Thailand about 10 days ago. I ended up with deep wound in my knee. I started of putting alcohol solution on it to clean it and then wrapping it with a fresh bandage. I have now been putting some iodine solution on it to prevent bacteria, viruses and fungus to the open wound.

The wound has like a white (slightly yellow but that might be from the iodine) puse in the deepest part, it does not smell bad or anything, does this mean it is infected?

Should it not have healed up yet?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When you say deep should it not have been sutured. If it's that deep you may be looking at tendon ( usually white, shiny and slightly yellow. Could this be tendon? 10'days is not long if the wound was deep but you should be seeing signs of improvement. Wound bed looking pink and edges smoothing out, possible scan formation. Inodine is a good antibacterial so continue with that. Hope it heals soon

• Posted

Maybe it should have been sutures but I do not know. I have seen some improvements in the 10 days and it has pumped back up but not fully yet. I wish I could upload a picture so you could see what I mean. I just wanted to check if anyone thought it might be infected really. Thanks for the reply and hopefully it starts scabbing soon 👍

• Posted

People have uploaded pics on here before. Not sure how but they do
  • Posted

Infection has developed. Need to test a sample of the discharge from the knee and then the dr will order the correct anti biotics to fight the infection. Within a few days it should start to clear. It not go back to ER.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.