Mottled effect - anyone had similar?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It is seven weeks since I was diagnosed with PR and I am completely clear! Only thing I am a little concerned about is the white mottling effect I now have on parts of my skin where the spots have healed. It is very faint and not really noticeable until I have a hot bath. Then the white patches really stand out!

This leads me to wonder: When I next go out in the sun, will they remain white and the rest of my skin tan? Not a great prospect! Or is it early days and the mottled effect will go in a few weeks time?

Anyone else had this mottling experience?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes i have had pr for just over a month and has dispeared this week i have this affect i am hoping it will just dispear.
  • Posted

The exact same thing has happened with my skin, I am also about 7 weeks into it. From everything I have read all indications are that theres no lasting marks on the skin and they will all go away eventually. (I did some obsessive reading about it at the begining!!!)
  • Posted

Brenna - yes, I also did some obsessive reading! Well, it's all so horrible that you do, don't you?

I also read that there are no lasting marks, so I am going to be positive that this effect will fade in time and is just part of the last stages of this - THING!

• Posted

just wondering if the spots have cleared up for you?

My husband is going crazy because I won't stop telling him information about PR... (I'd love to be the one who just has to hear about it and not actually deal with it)

it's covering my entire torso and the inside of my arms and i'm terrified that i'll never be able to wear even a tank top again...

*crossing fingers for a positive answer*

• Posted

Hi Bekkie,

Yes, I am totally clear and the white mottled marks are fading as well. Off on holiday in two weeks time for a fortnight in the sun, so shall see what a tan does to the (very faint) white mottles still visible. Am taking self tan just in case!

AMR

• Posted

Just to let you all know that I have come back from holiday with a great tan and no 'mottles' to be seen. Skin on the mottled areas must have tanned faster than the non mottled and now I'm a consistant tone all over! (For the first time since October)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.