Mouth and throat feel burned/corroded

Posted , 4 users are following.

Lately i've been feeling throat hoarsness after eating, no matter what i eat or how much i eat. Also the back of my mouth and throat feel corroded (idk how else to word myself) by the acid. As if the acid is slowly "eating" the back of my mouth and swallowing even my saliva feels awful. It seems to get a bit better after i eat though. It's especially horrible after i wake up.

Does anyone else get this? If so, any tips on trying to soothe it?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I would suspect that acid is coming up Into your mouth when you Are sleeping.

Try eating less for supper and

stop eating a few hours before bed. 

I also sleep on a recliner. I sleep sitting up and usually start laying all the way back at two or three in the morning.

• Posted

Thank you Steve smile

I used to try to sleep like that when i had nighttime sickness associated with GERD, but i couldn't go through it. I'll try again though. Thanks for the advice!

• Posted

You need a nice big lazy boy recliner  that  is soft and comfortable. And that you can sit straight up or laying flat in any angle in between. 

Also sleeping with an empty stomach helps a lot. 

Good luck.

• Posted

I usually wait about 3 hours after eating to go to bed. Is that not enough?
    • Posted

I don’t think three hours is long enough if you lay down right away. 

That’s why I fall asleep sitting up in recliner. I begin to start laying flatter At two or three in the morning.

• Posted

I tried sleeping sitting up. It helped a great deal! I also take a little bit of sodium bicarbonate with water before bed and it also helps.

thank you!

• Posted

Try taking liquorice it's sooths the throat. I've started using the capsules long term. Google the health benefits x

• Posted

Do you have chest pain and or a sick stomach accompanying this? Sounds like classic reflux, but maybe still go to the doc to rule out other possibilities? 

For immediate relief I mix baking soda with some water and it helps greatly. Over the long term, diet change has been known to help drasticlly. Dairy, sugar, caffeine drugs and alcohol and acidic foods are horrible for reflux. Research diets for acid reflux and maybe see which one you feel would be most beneficial to you. There is medication for reflux but it’s often a short term bandage and not a permenant fix. Hope you can find some relief soon! 

• Posted

Yes. I feel chest pain mostly down my breastbone, but it happens with other parts as well.

My stomach gets upset at times too, but it's usually just pain or discomfort, no vomiting or the classic nausea.

Do You, by any chance, know if fat has anything to do with worsening of GERD symptoms? Like when you buy a product and at the back it says how many grams of fat there is in the product

• Posted

I’m not 100% sure, but I do believe that if you are consuming a high fat diet (especially the fats found in processed and fast foods) that would definitely contribute to the worsening of symptoms. Iike i said, trial and error runs of diets would be beneficial to you I belive. Take care!
  • Posted

Sorry, I don’t know how fat will affect gerd.  

I kind of think that fat  in your diet satisfies your hunger, which means acid gets diluted as it works on the fat.    So maybe it would make things better.

But who knows everyone is different. 

You could try your own test to see how it is with a high fat diet and then try with low-fat diet. 

• Posted

At this point i think any food causes me GERD symptoms. Maybe i'm going through a flare up. I'll still try that

• Posted

9 Ways Turmeric Benefits In Acid Reflux / GERD

9 Ways Turmeric Benefits In Acid Reflux / GERD

have a read at this

• Posted

sorry i cant copy this link ?

• Posted

Is it on turmericforhealth dot com? i think i found it! My mom always puts a bit of turmeric when she prepares food, but i'm thinking of taking just a little bit more in hopes of getting rid of the burning in my throat/mouth/ears. Thank you for the link! 💜

• Posted

^ Idk why that happened when i posted, but anyway thank you! 💜 I found the site. My mother uses turmeric when she cooks food, but i'm wanting to take a bit more daily to get rid of the burning i feel in my mouth/throat/ears

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.