mouth issues and ebv

Posted , 5 users are following.

since getting chronic ebv my gums are super swollen and painful and i get mouth sores easily. any one else experience this? its so painful.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

That must be so painful and awful having swollen gums and these mouth sores. I do think these can be common symptoms with mono, especially because as a herpes virus EBV is also the same virus which causes things like cold sores, so it makes sense that your mouth and gums and these sensitive areas can be affected.

Perhaps trying some recommended mouth wash on a daily basis could be worth a try if not already doing that and some fluroide / high strength toothpaste also, making sure you are brushing thoroughly and over the gums too, although I know that's not easy when they are sore and painful. Oregano tablets can be a very good herbs to try for mouth issues also I've found and also the baking soda remedy can be a good one for attaching viruses in the mouth / throat - 1/2 tea spoon full of baking soda dissolved half a glass of plain water taken twice a day on an empty stomach for 1 or 2 weeks at a time (no longer). I've found this a good one Nicole and it can really attack viruses and bacteria in the mouth and throat, especially gargling and swishing around in your mouth for a minute or two before you swallow.

Really hoping things improve soon Nicole I know you've been through just the worst time with this thing - I'm still believing you are going to get better and still thinking about you and rooting for you.

Craig

• Posted

sorry to hear about your gums-

pregnant women get bleeding gums too-

its the change this virus brings to your body

it throws your PH off in your mouth i think-

warm salt water rinses may help

8oz/1tblesp-table salt

im in the dental field.....thats what we tell our patients with minor issues-as old fashioned as it seems

stay away from mouthwash esp with Alcohol it burns your tissue-

ease up on the abrasive toothpaste and try just brushing with water for now - see if that helps?

go to your Dentist and make sure you are up to date on your cleanings make sure you do not have periodontal disease or hard build up under tissue as this will add to your epv issues.....

my mouth just started to become dry ive been dealing with this 6mos now-symptoms are changing and old ones still sticking but most have come and gone with the exception of a relapse dredging up old symptoms -

hope you feel better....

• Posted

That baking soda remedy is a good one to try Starr - 1/2 tea spoon full of baking soda dissolved half a glass of plain water taken twice a day on an empty stomach for 1 or 2 weeks at a time (no longer). I've found it really helpful with throat and mouth issues for various viruses and things.

Craig

• Posted

ok Craig!

good info

i will give that a whirl!.....

thank you

i hope you are well and you had a good wknd

thank u for all of your support for everyone on here as well as me

so grateful to you!-:)

• Posted

Thanks Starr, my weekend was not bad thanks for asking, God has been helping me a lot still got some things to deal with but grateful for His help always even when I know I've been foolish and making so many mistakes in lots of ways.

Good luck with the baking soda remedy, I've used it quite a few times when feeling under the weather with viruses, flus, colds, sore throats, just feeling unwell generally - it can be really helpful - usually I go maximum 2 weeks on it and then give it a break as they say it's not too healthy to take it for longer periods due to the alkalinity of the baking soda. Sometimes the old and simple remedies are the best!

Craig

• Posted

yes....

we all have our challenges!

i hope you can power through your week....

yes i am starting the remedy today!.....good info on that-

thanks so much

• Posted

Thanks Starr, yes please do keep me in your prayers too for prostatitis and back pain issues that have been ongoing for a while - would be very grateful for that.

Good luck with the baking soda and let us know how you get on!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.