Mouth problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies, just wondering if anyone has suffered with mouth problems due to menopause.  Last night and this morning my mouth feels strange, quite sore under my tongue as if I have a mouth ulcer or something but there is nothing there.  Its all very odd and very annoying combine that with my twitching eyes and am not feeling the best this morning, just wish that I could get this under control somehow, I just cant seem to focus my attention onto anything else.  

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My left eye twitches, it drives me mad! I'm not feeling great today either but then I don't most days, it's the lightheadedness and woozy feeling I can't stand, driving is a nightmare
    • Posted

I hate that woozy feeling too Caroline, I find it most disconcerting, especially if I am on my own.  Like you say driving is a nightmare when you feel like that and I do a lot of driving.  Hopefully it will pass sooner rather than later.  Hugs xx
  • Posted

I had that stupid twitching eye yesterday. Considering this is all wreaking havoc on our central nerveous systems... who knows? It could be just another temporary issue... about 4 years ago I had about 2 weeks of the worst taste in my mouth. I couldn't eat or drink anything that didn't taste like a rotting corspe. (not that I've ever eaten one) LOL But it was horrbile. I had everything checked! It was just a weird effect of peri-menopause. Even lovely wine tasted like death. Yuk! So glad that's over with... all the best! rolleyes 
    • Posted

Thanks Eva, got the stupid eye twitching now as am trying to type, so annoying.  I did have the taste in the mouth feeling a couple of years ago but not to the extent that you discribe.  Sounds horrid.  We will beat this eventually, but it may well be a long road.  Take care xx
  • Posted

Hi Lancsrose,

I had a sore mouth problem, it was as if the inside of my mouth was raw and my tongue was sore to touch. After my doctor trying everything (he thought it was thrush) my mother gave me a zinc supplement to take, it worked in less than 24 hours; I was deficient in Zinc. Now I take it regularly as it boosts your immune system, and I think ours needs a boost at the moment. If that's what you need you'll feel the difference straight away. The eye thing is probably connected to your nervous system, try B vitamins. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hi Caroline and Lancrose,

I just wanted to say that I hope you are not driving while you feel woozy or suffering bad effects from taking medication.  It is illegal to do so in the UK as I am sure it is in other countries.  I know you haven't said you have but I was worried as it is so easy to misjudge something when you are woozy.   I am only concerned as I would hate to think of either of you being hurt or hurting someone.  Some medicines that do this can be taken at night so that the effect has worn off by morning.  Wish you both well though.

• Posted

Hi Caroline,  Do you know why you feel woozy then?  I'm not being horrid just worried for you.
    • Posted

I am not taking any new medication and nothing for the menopause.  As I commute every day for work I am very aware of not driving if I have that feeling but strangely I dont get it when seated more just walking around.  The woozy feeling is one of the lesser known symptoms of the menopause but very concerning all the same, right now for me that has passed.  My sore mouth however is driving me crazy.   Next week am sure it will be something else!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.