Mouth problems and tingling.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.  My bottom lip on the inside of my mouth is swollen and I have little white spots on my lip and cheeks.  My gums were swollen and very painful but this symptom comes and goes.  However, my swollen lip and the spots don't seem to be getting better.  I also have excessive saliva and I keep catching my lip or cheek because of the swelling.  The dr gave me a mouth gel and a tablet for oral thrush but later the swab proved that it was not thrush at all.  I saw my dentist who has no idea what has caused the swelling.  Can anyone help?  

Also, I have read that some people get tingling in their hands and feet but my tingling is everywhere.  I get tingling on my back, face, legs, arms and thighs which is worrying as no one else seems to be experiencing the tingling throughout their bodies.  

Please help as I am terrified that something is seriously wrong.  Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

You may have strep. I had strep recently and the sores were in my mouth. Or maybe it is herpes (cancor sores) I get these too.

I get tingling everywhere too. In my hands and feet and face, arms and legs and back.

Oy, the joys of womanhood.

Take care.

• Posted

Thank you for your speedy response.  Do you have any treatments that you can recommend for my mouth?  All the best and kind regards to you and yours.  
    • Posted

Hello.

The doctor will have to test you for strep and if it is strep, prescribe an antibiotic. If you suspect cancor sores, rinse your mouth with warm salt water.

The post about Vitamin B12 definciny is interesting as it involves the tingling and mouth sores. Your doctor can test for Vitamin B defincinies. If you need Vitamin B try to find one that is from a whole food source. The synthetic vitamins just aren't good for you.

I hope this helps. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks for the great advice.  Hoping that you feel better soon.  💐🌺🌷

• Posted

Get your vit B12 levels checked. B12 deficiency can cause tingling and can occur in menopause. B12 can cause other things too:  menopausal hair loss, mouth ulcers, palpitations, low appetite, poor memory.
    • Posted

Thank you Suki girl.  I had my bloods checked two weeks ago and I was told that my vitamin B12 and vitamin D levels are low but not enough to cause concern.  I was advised to use a multi vitamin tablet but instead I started using Menopace from Vitabiotics as it has minerals as well.  I previously suffered from heart palpitations and hair loss but they have since stopped.  Now I have to contend with poor memory, clumsiness, tingling, shock sensations, internal and external  tremors and the list goes on and on.  Thanks and take care.  
  • Posted

You need to get to a dentist ASAP. Do you use tobacco products?? Even if it's no, get to a dentist.   Dentists are the best for finding out what's wrong with the oral cavity and throat area. Hope everything is ok.

• Posted

Hi girlfour.  Thanks for the advice but I've seen the dentist.  I have no cavities and my gums are healthy so she had no idea what was wrong either.  

• Posted

So happy to read this. I was hoping you could rule out oral cancer and you have. Fantastic. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.