Mouth Sores

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone become more suseptible to mouth sores since they have been in peri? I had to take an antibiotic for a uti and I got this sore inside my mouth. Has anyone else experienced this. I don't know if I got the mouth sore because of the peri or if it was because of the antibiotic or both. One of the side effects of the antibiotic did say that you could get mouth sores so I don't know. Every little thing that happens to me now, I'm questioning if it is a symptom of peri. This is all so crazy.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Mouth sores can be a side effect of some anti biotics but I had never had a mouth ulcer until I started in peri. The only way to know which it is is to see if they subside when youve finished the anti biotics. Either way I found gargling with a proper antisceptic mouthwash kept them at bay.
    • Posted

Thank you! Yeah it's starting to close up now that I've stopped the antibiotics. I never had one before peri either. All these things we have to contend with!
    • Posted

I went to the doctor and she asked me did I bite myself. I told her that I do grind my teeth at night. I noticed the pain on Monday and that's when I also saw the sore. It wasn't there the days before. She said it was along ny cheek at the level where one grinds their teeth and to just watch it to see if it goes away in a few days. It didn't appear to be a canker sore to her.
    • Posted

I grind my teeth with anxiety and the dentist made me a gum shield. I go to bed looking like I'm about to play american football but it does work.
  • Posted

Hi Sharcerv I suffer badly with mouth ulcers due to me being hypothyroid I use a machine called mouth ulcer clear advance from Lloyds Pharmacy.  It uses red light tecnique and it really works quickly.  They usually cost between £4.99 to about £8.00 and worth every penny if u get recurrent ulcers.
  • Posted

I was having trouble with canker sores and I used L-lysine which worked great! Google it, that's how I found the info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.