Mouth ulcers during flare-ups

Posted , 11 users are following.

diagnosed with FMS about 18 months ago, but reckon I've had it for about 4 years. I get flare-ups every few months when pain becomes all over, the fatigue is much worse, and I get mouth ulcers. Does anyone else get this?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeanne,

I tend to get flare-ups when I am run down and I always get mouth ulcers then. I don't know if it is related to the flare or being run down though.

Leim

• Posted

Hi Jeanne..I get regular flares and mouth ulcers, guess its all related to our friend Fibro..
  • Posted

I do get theses unfortunatly  its normal but does any have lots of pain where the meds don't work help
  • Posted

I too have flare ups, "that's the beauty of the beast", though I've never had mouth ulcers, I do have to use a mouth moisturiser heaps because I have Sgorens Syndrome too.. Sooo sad for you..must be very uncomfortable..felling for you Jeanne..:-) xxAustralia
    • Posted

Aww thanks Christine. I'm sure there are others a lot worse off than me. The ulcers are mostly on my tongue and heal quite quickly, I just wondered if they were part of the flare up for others. Take care. x
  • Posted

Hi Jeanne

i also get ulcers on the roof of my mouth and sometimes on the gum lune. My fatigue is worse than my pain. A nap and ibuprophin seem to help. My Dr. Gave me an antiviral med for the ulcers. They won't go away immediately but will shorten in duration. Hope this helps. 

Michele

• Posted

Hi 

I have been suffering with mouth ulcers and fatigue for approx 3 years and have just recently been told I suffer with Fibromyalgia 😞 myflare up are more frequent and fatigue unbearable ....... does it get better? 

• Posted

yes im having a flare up at the moment and the roof of my mouth full of sores and teeth ache

• Posted

yes .. recently been diagnosed noticed a pattern every week i have two bad days one where i cant get out if bed the next day is agonising pain all over even my scalp hurts muscles burn to walk the day after i get a tongue full of mouth ulcers docs was saying its not related anyone ? ......

• Posted

yes .. recently been diagnosed noticed a pattern every week i have two bad days one where i cant get out if bed the next day is agonising pain all over even my scalp hurts muscles burn to walk the day after i get a tongue full of mouth ulcers docs was saying its not related anyone ? ......

• Posted

i get the same pattern.i have found that using a infared sauna or cyrotherapy helps so much. it wards off a oncoming flare. also i take gabapentin. this had been a life saver for me.

• Posted

Hi Jeanie

i was just thinking about thus topic.i get mouth sores when my body starts a flare. it usually comes on from not enough sleep. i make sure to over compensate and take naps and the sores and the flare goes away. i also do infared saunas and cryotherapy which helps 100% with pain and energy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.